• The KillerFrogs

2023 B12 Schedule Notables

Double V

Just looking at how the unbalanced schedule plays out, particularly relating to the 10 "legacy" members of the B12. At first glance, I'd say Cinci and OKSt appear to have the easiest conference schedules, and Iowa St the toughest. What say you?

Baylor doesn't play either OK school or Kansas.

BYU doesn't play Kansas St.

Cincinnati doesn't play TCU, UT, or KSt (may have easiest conf schedule?)

Houston doesn't play OU or Iowa St

Iowa State is the only school that DOES play TCU, KSt, UT, Baylor, OU, and OKSt (may be toughest conf schedule?)

Kansas doesn't play TCU, WVU, or Baylor

KSt doesn't play OU or WVU

OU doesn't play KSt, Baylor or TT

OKSt doesn't play any of the "legacy" B12 Texas schools (TCU, UT, TT, Baylor- but does play UH) [edited]

We don't play KU or OKSt, and are VERY back-loaded (are we set up for a November swoon?)

UT doesn't play OKSt or WVU

TT doesn't play either OK school or Iowa St

UCF doesn't play TCU or UT

WVU doesn't play UT, KSt, KU, or Iowa St

Last edited:

Froginbedford

Swoon is likely, but it might not be limited just to November games....Houston, Iowa State, Brigham Young and Kansas State are in advance of the November murderer's row....

Limey Frog

Here's one takeaway about TCU: if you remove Oklahoma and Texas from our schedule and plug in Cincinnati and Oklahoma State, it's still a pretty good-looking football schedule. Yes, I'd rather keep playing OU and Texas, but I don't want to be in an unstable conference with two malcontented gorillas. I've said this already numerous times, but my frame of reference for TCU's annual football schedules is the MWC slates we used to play when I was on campus, and the OOC games that were usually either one-and-done road deals, or at Jerry World, or garbage at home.

The last decade of the ten-member Big XII has been good in many ways, but I think it was always unsustainable with Oklahoma and Texas's resentment and egos. The apt comparison of our future conference is not the past ten years but the ten before that. From that perspective I'm very happy indeed. It's going to be fun, competitive, meaningful, and hopefully cordial off the field.

Also, I can't wait to start scoring 50 on BYU again.

ftwfrog

Swoon is likely, but it might not be limited just to November games....Houston, Iowa State, Brigham Young and Kansas State are in advance of the November murderer's row....
We’re not losing to Houston, Iowa State or BYU.

I’m more worried about that first game. Coach Prime is going to have Colorado thinking they can beat anyone. We’ll be Top 20 & they’ll be ready to shock the world. We won’t have any tape on them other than watching Jackson St highlights.

Limey Frog

I’m more worried about that first game. Coach Prime is going to have Colorado thinking they can beat anyone. We’ll be Top 20 & they’ll be ready to shock the world. We won’t have any tape on them other than watching Jackson St highlights.
This is true, and I'm worried about that one, too. But it's equally true that they won't have any tape on us, either.

LVH

Here's one takeaway about TCU: if you remove Oklahoma and Texas from our schedule and plug in Cincinnati and Oklahoma State, it's still a pretty good-looking football schedule. Yes, I'd rather keep playing OU and Texas, but I don't want to be in an unstable conference with two malcontented gorillas. I've said this already numerous times, but my frame of reference for TCU's annual football schedules is the MWC slates we used to play when I was on campus, and the OOC games that were usually either one-and-done road deals, or at Jerry World, or garbage at home.

The last decade of the ten-member Big XII has been good in many ways, but I think it was always unsustainable with Oklahoma and Texas's resentment and egos. The apt comparison of our future conference is not the past ten years but the ten before that. From that perspective I'm very happy indeed. It's going to be fun, competitive, meaningful, and hopefully cordial off the field.

Also, I can't wait to start scoring 50 on BYU again.
When did we ever score 50 on BYU outside of 2005?

I remember their defense shutting us down in 2006, and shutting our 2010 offense down in the 1st half

Limey Frog

When did we ever score 50 on BYU outside of 2005?

I remember their defense shutting us down in 2006, and shutting our 2010 offense down in the 1st half

I'm exaggerating, admittedly... More like 38. But TCU has ripped off four straight wins in the series, all by pretty convincing margins.

ticketfrog123

Last I checked they don’t have 85 scholarship players or more than a handful of guys who can start at a top 25 program

Eight

Sanders
Horn Jr - possible
Sami
Hunter
Reed
McClain

You realize most of our starters in 2023 will have minimal D1 starting experience?

really? minimal d1 starting experience?

off the top of my head coker, coleman, lanz, savion, wiley,dam, hodges, hodge, newton perry, clark all have started for a p5 program, fox started at sfa which played at a higher level than a hbcu and that is without looking at a roster

just remembered richardson at wr had multiple starts and catches at ok state who i believe is a d1 program, did spivey come back? then kell and the 40 year old aussie punter

damn, then i think some of the "inexperienced" starters could be guys like hayes who is a 4th year jr, shad banks, marcel brooks who is a 5th year st with a freaking nc title ring, ty mitchell who is a sr with his own title ring w uga, camara and ish who have played a bunch of ball

holy cow, you were just trolling right because while tcu will have some young players and green starters this is going to be a roster with a great deal of game experience in the oline and on the defensive side of the ball

Last edited:

fanatical frog

really? minimal d1 starting experience?

off the top of my head coker, coleman, lanz, savion, wiley,dam, hodges, hodge, newton perry, clark all have started for a p5 program, fox started at sfa which played at a higher level than a hbcu and that is without looking at a roster

just remembered richardson at wr had multiple starts and catches at ok state who i believe is a d1 program, did spivey come back? then kell and the 40 year old aussie punter

damn, then i think some of the "inexperienced" starters could be guys like hayes who is a 4th year jr, shad banks, marcel brooks who is a 5th year st with a freaking nc title ring, ty mitchell who is a sr with his own title ring w uga, camara and ish who have played a bunch of ball

holy cow, you were just trolling right because while tcu will have some young players and green starters this is going to be a roster with a great deal of game experience in the oline and on the defensive side of the ball

Agree. This is cfb where virtually every team, every season, has some new starters. Looking at what we have on board so far we will be, IMHO, in excellent shape with our starters. Uncertainty at RB and depth at QB and both OL and DL are my only concerns. Our defensive back field looks loaded with experienced starters with great potential for depth and, depending on how kids like Hayes and a few others come along we could have enough depth in the OL. And then there's the next transfer period where we could plug some or all of those holes. Plenty of reason for optimism IMHO and, for the first time in five years or so, I'm excited for the upcoming season.

Eight

Agree. This is cfb where virtually every team, every season, has some new starters. Looking at what we have on board so far we will be, IMHO, in excellent shape with our starters. Uncertainty at RB and depth at QB and both OL and DL are my only concerns. Our defensive back field looks loaded with experienced starters with great potential for depth and, depending on how kids like Hayes and a few others come along we could have enough depth in the OL. And then there's the next transfer period where we could plug some or all of those holes. Plenty of reason for optimism IMHO and, for the first time in five years or so, I'm excited for the upcoming season.

would be great if morris had more actual game snaps, if there was a clearer picture at rb, or if cordale was baby to from day 1, but as you point out, everyone in the college games has holes to fill each year

someone wants to take the position other teams have more talent or depth, can't disagree, but to say this roster won't have experience isn't a stone that I would pick up talking about the frogs

heck, look at the games played by the oline not just in coker-coleman-lanz, but nichols, hayes, williams, brown, the asu transfer who was the back-up center

the one area that is a bit of a wildcard is d-line w so many young guys (believe 7 true or rs-freshmen), but you still have dam, fox is a senior, ty is a senior, and the ecu transfer