• The KillerFrogs

2023 B12 Schedule Notables

Horny4TCU

would be great if morris had more actual game snaps, if there was a clearer picture at rb, or if cordale was baby to from day 1, but as you point out, everyone in the college games has holes to fill each year

someone wants to take the position other teams have more talent or depth, can't disagree, but to say this roster won't have experience isn't a stone that I would pick up talking about the frogs

heck, look at the games played by the oline not just in coker-coleman-lanz, but nichols, hayes, williams, brown, the asu transfer who was the back-up center

the one area that is a bit of a wildcard is d-line w so many young guys (believe 7 true or rs-freshmen), but you still have dam, fox is a senior, ty is a senior, and the ecu transfer
I'm looking most forward to watching Williams next year.

McFroggin

really? minimal d1 starting experience?

off the top of my head coker, coleman, lanz, savion, wiley,dam, hodges, hodge, newton perry, clark all have started for a p5 program, fox started at sfa which played at a higher level than a hbcu and that is without looking at a roster

just remembered richardson at wr had multiple starts and catches at ok state who i believe is a d1 program, did spivey come back? then kell and the 40 year old aussie punter

damn, then i think some of the "inexperienced" starters could be guys like hayes who is a 4th year jr, shad banks, marcel brooks who is a 5th year st with a freaking nc title ring, ty mitchell who is a sr with his own title ring w uga, camara and ish who have played a bunch of ball

holy cow, you were just trolling right because while tcu will have some young players and green starters this is going to be a roster with a great deal of game experience in the oline and on the defensive side of the ball

That’s a fraction of what we’ve had the past couple years. About 97% of our offensive yards disappeared from 2022.

I’m not arguing that we shouldn’t beat Colorado. I’m saying that we both have drastically different teams from last year. While they don’t have the pieces that we did in 2022, their system will be as different as our 2021 to 2022 span. It won’t be a cake walk.

They already have a game plan for us. They are aiming to pressure our inexperienced QB and RB while hoping to hold our new WR’s with their elite DB’s. It’ll be like our game plan against Michigan.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
That’s a fraction of what we’ve had the past couple years. About 97% of our offensive yards disappeared from 2022.

I’m not arguing that we shouldn’t beat Colorado. I’m saying that we both have drastically different teams from last year. While they don’t have the pieces that we did in 2022, their system will be as different as our 2021 to 2022 span. It won’t be a cake walk.

They already have a game plan for us. They are aiming to pressure our inexperienced QB and RB while hoping to hold our new WR’s with their elite DB’s. It’ll be like our game plan against Michigan.
Chandler can beat the blitz if the RBs can pick it up

LSU Game Attendee

really? minimal d1 starting experience?

off the top of my head coker, coleman, lanz, savion, wiley,dam, hodges, hodge, newton perry, clark all have started for a p5 program, fox started at sfa which played at a higher level than a hbcu and that is without looking at a roster

just remembered richardson at wr had multiple starts and catches at ok state who i believe is a d1 program, did spivey come back? then kell and the 40 year old aussie punter

damn, then i think some of the "inexperienced" starters could be guys like hayes who is a 4th year jr, shad banks, marcel brooks who is a 5th year st with a freaking nc title ring, ty mitchell who is a sr with his own title ring w uga, camara and ish who have played a bunch of ball

holy cow, you were just trolling right because while tcu will have some young players and green starters this is going to be a roster with a great deal of game experience in the oline and on the defensive side of the ball
Mash Up Parody GIF

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
The RB depth chart is a total guess right now. Chandler’s ability to stay healthy in a game against Colorado is also up in the air.

We had a great run last year, but there is a lot of rebuilding to do.
None of that really goes to my point. If the backs, whoever they are, can pick up the blitz I’m certain Chandler will beat it very often. That’s one of the things his skill set is built to do.

I understand the concern about durability but that has exactly nothing to do with beating pressure. Beating pressure means getting the ball out quickly to the correct spot/receiver. As to withstanding the hits that may come with pressure, we shall see.

I don’t think Colorado will be a cake walk but imo the Frogs will win the game by 10+. They have the edge in talent and coaching and it’s a home game.

Eight

nice pivot to inexperience in yardage producers and the amount of production lost and yes, before anyone says it, this is going to be a long reply, but i think some might might it worth while and if not, remember this is worth what you pay for it.

shall we take a look at what tcu has "lost" at wr and rb and what the frogs have back or added?

q, taye, and derius combined for 386 catches, 5, 825 yards, and 34 td's. that is a great deal of production, but q is the only unique talent among the three and the answer might not be in one player, but multiples.

consider that conwright, hudson, and savion are the frogs three leading wide receivers with a combined 89 catches for 1,197 yards and 11 td's . not overwhelming, but there is some production and i do think we could see much bigger numbers from jordan and savion in 2023

add into the jarod wiley's returning with 24 catches last year for 245 yards at 4 scores, but here comes something i think you overlooked. via the transfer portal the frogs have added 4 wr/te's in richardson, bech, robinson, and earle who coming into this year have played in 87 games AT THE D1 level which seems to be important to you and have a combined 236 catches for 4,021 yards and 20 scores

mix in a couple of red-shirts such as everhart and allen plus true frosh cordale and the cupboard isn't quite so bare as you tried to portray it. there isn't a unicorn like q that we know of, but there is talent, speed, AND actual production, heck some of the catches and yards were made in the SEC so those should count 2, 3 times right?

now the running back room and you are really going to love these numbers. kendre' miller is taking with him to the nfl 361 career carries for 2,410 yards and 26 rushing touchdowns. last year alone he accounted for 224 carries for 1,399 yards and 17 rushing td's.

here is where it starts to get interesting as that means in his first two seasons he had 137 carries for 1,011 yards and 9 rushing touchdowns. hmmmm...

trivia question, rank the tcu running backs in order of their combined starts from the 2020 and 2021 seasons. drumroll please.....

zach evans
emari demercado
darwin barlow and with 3 career starts in 19 games played
kendre miller

also consider in those 19 games played he averaged just over 6 carriers a game, carried 10 times or more 6 times and only did that back to back once

so.....how does a guy like emani bailey's numbers compare to kendre coming into 2023? well if you only go by the numbers at tcu, not well, but if you look at his career production in his time in college we see he has had 143 carries for 970 yards and 12 rushing td's carried 10 times or more 6 times and at the end of 2021 did that in 4 consecutive games

does that make emani a lock to equal kendre? no, but again the cupboard isn't completely bare and i suspect just as jones coaxed a better than expected season out of emari he will do the same out of battle, or sanders or cook

before you jump to the one big hole still the offensive line because you made a comment to start all this with how inexperienced the frogs are on their roster and have doubled down with cu pressuring the frogs offense etc.. and quite frankly so be it, in fact, let'em come

part of my faith sits in knowing that the frogs return three offensive linemen who have played in a combined 98 games with 70 combined career starts. heck, find me a more experienced pair of tackles than coker and coleman who have played in 67 combined games with 58 combined starts

ricker does not replace big steve, but willis did play for deion last year which means he is just a step or two away from the nfl according to some and there is a guy like hayes who is a 4th year junior with 24 games played so he isn't exactly green

the one place they can't match the numbers is replacing max no doubt, we have seen morris play really well as in the start against baylor and for some the valley in the first half against cu last year. i would caution putting too much stock in that first half because that was a weird start with the lighting delay and am i the only one who remembers a tcu defense that was so bad in the first half it looked like it couldn't win a slap fight with an armless man?

would be great if we knew what truly morris could do over a season, but there is potential and more importantly this isn't the major rebuild you have portrayed it. there are some major players to be replaced, guys like q, big steve kendre, and possibly max there doesn't appear to be a true replacement, but there is bunch of young talent, some guys how have produced, others trying to make the most of their one last shot and a staff who has shown they can elevate a player if they buy

hell, big steve went from looking like a bag of marshmellows his freshman year to guy who is about to make some money in the draft and while that is partly him that is also kaz and ricker

don't discount also the value of those extra three games and what this team learned in the uga game. cu will be better but so will tcu than the team colorado opened up with last year

do you want me to take about the defense and how the frogs secondary might be better than the buffs?

fanatical frog

nice pivot to inexperience in yardage producers and the amount of production lost and yes, before anyone says it, this is going to be a long reply, but i think some might might it worth while and if not, remember this is worth what you pay for it.

shall we take a look at what tcu has "lost" at wr and rb and what the frogs have back or added?

q, taye, and derius combined for 386 catches, 5, 825 yards, and 34 td's. that is a great deal of production, but q is the only unique talent among the three and the answer might not be in one player, but multiples.

consider that conwright, hudson, and savion are the frogs three leading wide receivers with a combined 89 catches for 1,197 yards and 11 td's . not overwhelming, but there is some production and i do think we could see much bigger numbers from jordan and savion in 2023

add into the jarod wiley's returning with 24 catches last year for 245 yards at 4 scores, but here comes something i think you overlooked. via the transfer portal the frogs have added 4 wr/te's in richardson, bech, robinson, and earle who coming into this year have played in 87 games AT THE D1 level which seems to be important to you and have a combined 236 catches for 4,021 yards and 20 scores

mix in a couple of red-shirts such as everhart and allen plus true frosh cordale and the cupboard isn't quite so bare as you tried to portray it. there isn't a unicorn like q that we know of, but there is talent, speed, AND actual production, heck some of the catches and yards were made in the SEC so those should count 2, 3 times right?

now the running back room and you are really going to love these numbers. kendre' miller is taking with him to the nfl 361 career carries for 2,410 yards and 26 rushing touchdowns. last year alone he accounted for 224 carries for 1,399 yards and 17 rushing td's.

here is where it starts to get interesting as that means in his first two seasons he had 137 carries for 1,011 yards and 9 rushing touchdowns. hmmmm...

trivia question, rank the tcu running backs in order of their combined starts from the 2020 and 2021 seasons. drumroll please.....

zach evans
emari demercado
kendre miller

also consider in those 19 games played he averaged just over 6 carriers a game, carried 10 times or more 6 times and only did that back to back once

so.....how does a guy like emani bailey's numbers compare to kendre coming into 2023? well if you only go by the numbers at tcu, not well, but if you look at his career production in his time in college we see he has had 143 carries for 970 yards and 12 rushing td's carried 10 times or more 6 times and at the end of 2021 did that in 4 consecutive games

does that make emani a lock to equal kendre? no, but again the cupboard isn't completely bare and i suspect just as jones coaxed a better than expected season out of emari he will do the same out of battle, or sanders or cook

before you jump to the one big hole still the offensive line because you made a comment to start all this with how inexperienced the frogs are on their roster and have doubled down with cu pressuring the frogs offense etc.. and quite frankly so be it, in fact, let'em come

part of my faith sits in knowing that the frogs return three offensive linemen who have played in a combined 98 games with 70 combined career starts. heck, find me a more experienced pair of tackles than coker and coleman who have played in 67 combined games with 58 combined starts

ricker does not replace big steve, but willis did play for deion last year which means he is just a step or two away from the nfl according to some and there is a guy like hayes who is a 4th year junior with 24 games played so he isn't exactly green

the one place they can't match the numbers is replacing max no doubt, we have seen morris play really well as in the start against baylor and for some the valley in the first half against cu last year. i would caution putting too much stock in that first half because that was a weird start with the lighting delay and am i the only one who remembers a tcu defense that was so bad in the first half it looked like it couldn't win a slap fight with an armless man?

would be great if we knew what truly morris could do over a season, but there is potential and more importantly this isn't the major rebuild you have portrayed it. there are some major players to be replaced, guys like q, big steve kendre, and possibly max there doesn't appear to be a true replacement, but there is bunch of young talent, some guys how have produced, others trying to make the most of their one last shot and a staff who has shown they can elevate a player if they buy

hell, big steve went from looking like a bag of marshmellows his freshman year to guy who is about to make some money in the draft and while that is partly him that is also kaz and ricker

don't discount also the value of those extra three games and what this team learned in the uga game. cu will be better but so will tcu than the team colorado opened up with last year

do you want me to take about the defense and how the frogs secondary might be better than the buffs?
Speaking of our secondary......at safety we return two starters, 4* Bud Clark who had a pick six against Michigan.....and Mark Perry. Also back are Abe Camara, the #!Juco Safety a couple of years ago....I don't think Abe started but he did have 54 tackles last year. Also returning is Nambi Obiazor who was a Juco All American and had 49 tackles last season also spent a lots of time on the field against Michigan so the coaches trust him. Also returning is Chace Biddle a 4* Soph. Incoming Freshmen Randon Fontennette and Javeon Wilcox were both 4* recruits. Randon is already on campus so will go thru spring drills and I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both of those get significant playing time this year.

At cornerback, Josh Newton is a returning starter. He was a 3* out of HS but he is playing at a 4* level and might have been drafted if he had declared. Also we have Avery Helm a 4* tx from Florida Gators; Channing Canada a 4* and top rated Juco CB in the nation last fall and Kyron Chambers a Texas Top 100 in the mix on the other side.

That's a bunch of very fine resumes....can't imagine our secondary will be suspect this year.

Finally, a word about Colorado. They were among the worst teams in cfb last year. Their incoming recruiting class ranks 30th in the country .....to TCU's 19th. They added one 5* and three 4*....I suspect one or more of those came with Deion , not that there's anything wrong with that. So they were bad last year, don't appear to have recruited well enough to be much improved this year and all this gut wrenching over playing Deions' team next September just seems odd to me. No offense.

McFroggin

zach evans
emari demercado
kendre miller

I enjoy the debate. I think we win in a close game.

Arguing my points. Our returners at WR that you mention include Williams that struggles with drops and Hudson that can struggle to get open. It may be better if the newcomers start, but we don’t know how well they gel with our QB. What is your best guess on starting 3 WR’s?

Bailey’s numbers are old now. He has done a lot against poor opposition, but ball security has been a major issue against talented teams. Dykes just hasn’t trusted him. Talent wise, Bailey has moves. I’d love for him to take the next step, but he didn’t do it all last year. Who knows where he ends on the depth chart come Colorado.

Wiley is one of the few you mentioned that is almost guaranteed to start. Like you mention, he averages <2 receptions per game.

Morris is a big unknown, particularly his ability to stay healthy. At the college level and with Dykes’ offense, the QB position is by far the #1 most important position. You can live or die by it. While Morris has huge potential, most here would bet serious money that he will miss some games in 2023. Behind Morris, we are essentially empty.

Assuming Morris goes down and we don’t get a transfer, do we have the O-line and a RB that can just steamroll people? I’m not convinced we do.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I enjoy the debate. I think we win in a close game.

Arguing my points. Our returners at WR that you mention include Williams that struggles with drops and Hudson that can struggle to get open. It may be better if the newcomers start, but we don’t know how well they gel with our QB. What is your best guess on starting 3 WR’s?

Bailey’s numbers are old now. He has done a lot against poor opposition, but ball security has been a major issue against talented teams. Dykes just hasn’t trusted him. Talent wise, Bailey has moves. I’d love for him to take the next step, but he didn’t do it all last year. Who knows where he ends on the depth chart come Colorado.

Wiley is one of the few you mentioned that is almost guaranteed to start. Like you mention, he averages <2 receptions per game.

Morris is a big unknown, particularly his ability to stay healthy. At the college level and with Dykes’ offense, the QB position is by far the #1 most important position. You can live or die by it. While Morris has huge potential, most here would bet serious money that he will miss some games in 2023. Behind Morris, we are essentially empty.

Assuming Morris goes down and we don’t get a transfer, do we have the O-line and a RB that can just steamroll people? I’m not convinced we do.
You seem scared of everything. Colorado is [ Finebaum ].

NewFrogFan

Actually I am worried about Colorado, who really knows what they will have?