• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Eight

It's ridiculous for sure. But everyone is still asking the wrong question as it pertains to Berhalter. The dude royally screwed up his handling of our most talented player and that alone should disqualify him from future consideration. I don't care what the report found. He CANNOT coach the USMNT anymore. Just can't.

listened to glenn davis on houston radio this morning, he wasn't kind in what he said about reyna after claudio's playing career, but when glenn was asked about berhalter coaching the national team glenn relented that it was time for a clean break

Chongo94

listened to glenn davis on houston radio this morning, he wasn't kind in what he said about reyna after claudio's playing career, but when glenn was asked about berhalter coaching the national team glenn relented that it was time for a clean break
This is where I am.

Chongo94

Zendejas has committed to the US over Mexico ha. I’m a bit meh on it but he does provide more depth I guess and anytime we can poke Mexico in the eye, I approve.

Purp

Zendejas has committed to the US over Mexico ha. I’m a bit meh on it but he does provide more depth I guess and anytime we can poke Mexico in the eye, I approve.
That's all I see it as too. If we're depending on him as a future starting forward on the USMNT we're in big trouble. But always great to screw Mexico.

Purp

New roster is out for the March camp. Excited to see Miles Robinson again. Hope he can return to form quickly. He and Zimm were great together, but I think he and Richards could be phenomenal together for a couple of cycles. Also excited to see Bryan Reynolds in the camp. Hopefully he can get a good run of form going and get back in the picture long term.

Dike is another interesting one for me. Curious to see how he looks after his panoply of injuries.

Purp

Pulisic interview coming out tomorrow on ESPN sounds supportive of Berhalter and very critical of the Reynas. He's not wrong calling the controversy childish, but it kinda sounds like he's taking a jab at Gio. Hope they don't have more drama after all this.

Eight

Pulisic interview coming out tomorrow on ESPN sounds supportive of Berhalter and very critical of the Reynas. He's not wrong calling the controversy childish, but it kinda sounds like he's taking a jab at Gio. Hope they don't have more drama after all this.

hope pulisic and gio don't get into fight, they could miss the next world cup if someone throws a punch

Chongo94

Currently have to hope, given what has come out about the Reynas, that Gio’s apple fell well far away and rolled down the hill from his parents’ tree.

dawg

Champions%20League%20Bracket%20%2816x9%29_0.png.webp

Left side of that bracket... skrong. As for the other, Napoli have to like their chances of reaching the Final.

Purp

Just read the longer form of the Pulisic interview. It's mostly a Berhalter slobber fest. Pulisic seems like a great guy, but his allegiance to Berhalter seems almost brainwashed. Very weird.

Totally unrelated, but I found it very bizarre that a professional journalist would choose to not capitalize pronouns for God when Pulisic mentioned his faith getting him through this latest injury. I'm worn out by woke.

dawg

Just read the longer form of the Pulisic interview. It's mostly a Berhalter slobber fest. Pulisic seems like a great guy, but his allegiance to Berhalter seems almost brainwashed. Very weird.

Totally unrelated, but I found it very bizarre that a professional journalist would choose to not capitalize pronouns for God when Pulisic mentioned his faith getting him through this latest injury. I'm worn out by woke.
Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef
That’s not only idiotic, it’s improper grammar. Would the reporter have used a lowercase “a” if Pulisic was a Muslim? Smh. Pulisic was referring to a specific god, the Christian one known as “God.” Capital “G” should be used because he was referring to a specific one.

Purp

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef
That’s not only idiotic, it’s improper grammar. Would the reporter have used a lowercase “a” if Pulisic was a Muslim? Smh. Pulisic was referring to a specific god, the Christian one known as “God.” Capital “G” should be used because he was referring to a specific one.
It was the lower case H in He and Him that were also brazenly flouted. It's not hard and is learned in elementary school.

Purp

The pregame show chronicled his trip to Orlando and all of his activities this week. He did a jersey swap at the Yankees preseason game and the Yankees player ended up with a USMNT jersey. This is feeling like TCU football getting one to landing a 5 star QB. He may well be the single missing piece to the U.S. side with his ability to put the ball in the net.

Purp

I know it's Grenada, but the Nats are looking good so far. We typically suffer against compact sides on awful pitches on the road. We've broken them down regularly down the left hand side. Bryan Reynolds looks fast down the right and he's doing it against a very fast opponent.

Pulisic has been MotM so far. I think 3 assists plus a hockey assist on our 4 goals. He's even served in 2 excellent set pieces for goals.