• The KillerFrogs

2022 Womans soccer thread

JogginFrog

nice run of keepers the frogs have going and the frosh from pflguerville is supposed to be very talented as well
Azul Alvarez' bio mentioned playing with Mexico's U20 national team. I guess she is fully engaged with the Frogs on campus and not playing in the U20 Women's World Cup, as her name has not been on the rosters, but she has to be happy about her national teammates' play. Mexico gave up just one goal in group play and pulled off a huge win over Germany in the group finale to advance. They play Spain tomorrow in the quarters.

Update: Spain eliminates Mexico, 1-0.

Last edited:

Endless Purple

I like in my football season tickets that it has a pass for a free ticket to a soccer game. Sounds like fun.

Who is the bright person that scheduled the soccer team away on every home football game weekend?

Moose Stuff

1-0 Minnesota early second half. Despite returning a ton of talent this team not looking much at all like what I saw from them last year so far.

Moose Stuff

Nasty collision between Kellett and a Minnesota attacker. I’m guessing she’s done for the day if not longer. Took a knee/shin/foot to the head at full speed and is in a lot of pain.

Moose Stuff

Azul Alvarez' bio mentioned playing with Mexico's U20 national team. I guess she is fully engaged with the Frogs on campus and not playing in the U20 Women's World Cup, as her name has not been on the rosters, but she has to be happy about her national teammates' play. Mexico gave up just one goal in group play and pulled off a huge win over Germany in the group finale to advance. They play Spain tomorrow in the quarters.

Update: Spain eliminates Mexico, 1-0.
In

Moose Stuff

Kellett, Heinrich, and now Lancaster are all banged up/out and Crews is on a red card. Staring at a winless opening 2 games. Potential brutal start to the season.

Moose Stuff

Didn’t realize they had eliminated OT/PK’s this year. If it’s tied it’s just a tie. I’m sure someone discussed this after the opener.

Opintel

Moderators
Happy Sunday GIF by Maria Johnsen