• The KillerFrogs

2022 TCU Volleyball: New Era

Pharm Frog

Seems like the beginnings of progress is starting to take shape.
There’s zero doubt that Coach W is coaching and making adjustments. Looks to me like he’s also into some heightened level of accountability. But we don’t have the horses yet to be consistently good. I’d say we’ll have a real good idea by the end of next year.

Meanwhile, Frogs drop S1 to ACU at 21. Lethargy

Pharm Frog

Wildcats win S2 after complete Frog collapse late in the set. 3 of last four serves were errors. ACU up 2-0 and Frogs now have to get it to 5 to win.

If the Frogs don’t get Raiola and Branschreiber back soon they are gonna be in full scramble mode because we have to have hitters who can hit out of system.

Witnessing intramural-level volleyball. Didn’t play well yesterday and playing worse today. Three different lineups in three sets seeking solutions. Team not deep enough to find solutions although Madi Cole looking like she wants to play.

Thinking Coach W isn’t overly interested in winning this match as opposed to seeing who’s willing to be resilient. To this point this is easily the worst performance of the season for this squad. And now we have the setter not trusting the libero to pass.

Frogs up 24-22 in S3. Should have already won it if not for an unforced net error but I’ll watch this set and win or otherwise I’m gonna find something better to do.

Frogs out of subs so DS is having to go around. Frogs better win this 27-26 point or it’s gonna be hard.

Attack error against a solo block gives TCU the S3 at 26. Gonna watch Down Under or Charmed or something

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Frogs take on Texas State at 7pm (depending on the length of the ACU V Louisiana match). Should be 7p barring a lightning delay inside Scholl. Texas State got swept by Bama earlier today but coming in I felt this could be the toughest W among the three matches. Last OOC match before the Big 12 play gets going against BU.

Pharm Frog

Frogs down 19-14 in S1 against Texas State. Had a 12-9 lead but it’s long gone. Prediction: at some point soon we’ll see a new libero for the Frogs. The freshman is probably going to be the best we have but back row comm and coverage is very suspect. Not sure we’ve got anyone better to play it unless we put Bramschreiber back.

Pharm Frog

Frogs lose S1 at 22. Frogs have 6 service errors in the set and this is not a heavy serve team. Really ugly VB.

Frogs win S2 at 21. I think I saw Bramschreiber in a boot. Not completely certain because the camera panned quickly. But she’s been out for 6 matches already. Haven’t seen T Raiola since her pre-season concussion. Hoping she gets back in the first half of conference.

Frogs lose S3 at 19. Wasn’t competitive since Texas State opened 4-0. Only hope now is to win two 5 set matches in the same day.

Frogs lose S4 at 22 and the match 3-1. Honestly I didn’t watch the 4th set. Watching Cobra Kai. But from what I did see, Texas State would win 6 of 10 from the Frogs with these lineups. On to Baylor.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Frogs in action in Waco against the #14 Lady Bears. Got squished in S1 at 13. Lost S2 at 27. Won S3 at 15. And down 17-11 in what will likely be the deciding set barring some incredible comeback. Was “that close” to being up 2-1 instead of down 2-1.

Still no Bramschreiber and no Riaola and it looks like BU put a large emphasis on slowing down J Adams and it’s working for the most part although Nalls is having a good go of it. Biggest issue is that 4 out of 5 leaders in errors are Frogs. Still…a pretty solid effort on the road.

And Frogs lose S4 at 19 and the match 3-1.

Pharm Frog

Frogs down 19-14 in S1 against Texas State. Had a 12-9 lead but it’s long gone. Prediction: at some point soon we’ll see a new libero for the Frogs. The freshman is probably going to be the best we have but back row comm and coverage is very suspect. Not sure we’ve got anyone better to play it unless we put Bramschreiber back.
Just leaving this here…partially correct prediction. Just had to make a change here. Hope Sustala continues to play well. Can’t play fast without that first touch and it was clear that players weren’t trusting the libero.

Head coach Jason Williams mixed up his starting lineup with success. The first-year head coach inserted senior Sabrina Sustala at libero for the first time this season. He also penciled in Taylor Raiola, who returned from a monthlong injury absence at No. 14 Baylor on Wednesday, as the Horned Frogs' back row outside hitter.

Pharm Frog

Frogs take S1 from WVU at 19. Having Nalls and Raiola able to go six rotations is nice and takes some pressure off of Adams. When we get our middles cranking it will be a formidable lineup but that will mean better back row play to get into system. These are the matches we need to win against WVU at home and see if we can’t put ourselves up into the middle of the Big12.

Pharm Frog

Frogs drop S2 and S3. For some reason we’re hell bent on getting to Nalls and she has a boatload of kills matched by a boatload of hitting errors. Balanced in S1. Not so much in the next sets. Need to take this to 5.

Frogs up 17-14 in S3. Just saw that Iowa State beats Baylor 3-1.

Service errors suck. Especially when you aren’t jump serving.

Frogs win S4 at 21 and we head to the 5th. Match to 15. Nalls with something like 57 attacks and .054. That strikes me as quite a bit relative to Adams and Raiola.

Frogs up 8-7 at the turn. Match looks like it may come down to fewest errors down the stretch as opposed to best play.

Gabi Maas serving and the Frogs get to 11-7. WVU has burned their timeouts.

Blown no-call and it’s 11-8. Eer definitely played ball over the net and a lift before that. Refs turned a 12-7 set into 11-8.

Frogs lost a 12-9 lead and it’s 12-12. That blown call earlier looming very large.

Frogs serve at match point and serve it into the net. Not excusable

Adams ends it with a kill to 17-15. Frogs win 3-2. Last year we lose this in 4 IMO. Next three matches are tough. Would like to take at least one but will be underdog in all. Great comeback tonight for the Frogs and still no Bramschreiber

Last edited: