• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

helcap

Under this new system a university could purchase an entire competitive

football team if they are willing to spend the necessary funds. A disaster

waiting to happen. :oops:
I have had conversations with friends about how fitting and entertaining it would be for someone like Elon Musk to "adopt" a downtrodden program like New Mexico State and provide sufficient funds to buy a championship team

Putt4Purple

So from what I've heard in summation for the short recruiting time period is, "A small number of good quality skill players" ? I will ask again to the disdain of many on this site, WHERE ARE THE LINEMEN? I am not the off season recruiting guru or portal guru but my head spins with no defining position, height ,weight details of kids signing or leaving. A plus minus game.
Bottom line is TCU will continue to be mediocre until quality offensive and defensive linemen are playing along with the skill players. I am confident the staff on board can hopefully do this job. For now I for one am not seeing what the Frogs need long term.

Moose Stuff

So from what I've heard in summation for the short recruiting time period is, "A small number of good quality skill players" ? I will ask again to the disdain of many on this site, WHERE ARE THE LINEMEN? I am not the off season recruiting guru or portal guru but my head spins with no defining position, height ,weight details of kids signing or leaving. A plus minus game.
Bottom line is TCU will continue to be mediocre until quality offensive and defensive linemen are playing along with the skill players. I am confident the staff on board can hopefully do this job. For now I for one am not seeing what the Frogs need long term.
We signed 9 guys and 4 of them are linemen. I’m not sure what sure what you want us to do.

Putt4Purple

We signed 9 guys and 4 of them are linemen. I’m not sure what sure what you want us to do.
How many linemen did we lose in the Portal? Did we gain or lose? Plus and minus and then the new guys need at least 2 to 3 years to grow into manhood to dominate. Point is we at the very least are neutral in the linemen category from a quality standpoint. This will not be sufficient for Championships.
That's my point!

Frog-in-law1995

How many linemen did we lose in the Portal? Did we gain or lose? Plus and minus and then the new guys need at least 2 to 3 years to grow into manhood to dominate. Point is we at the very least are neutral in the linemen category from a quality standpoint. This will not be sufficient for Championships.
That's my point!
You’re such a beating. Enjoy my ignore list.

Moose Stuff

That's my point!
You’ve just pointed out something that literally everyone affiliated with our program and posting on this forum is aware of. Again, what would you like Sonny to do? Go get 10 portal guys TODAY????

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You’ve just pointed out something that literally everyone affiliated with our program and posting on this forum is aware of. Again, what would you like Sonny to do? Go get 10 portal guys TODAY????
20, actually. And a lot of steaks with which to feed them... (Whole llamas, maybe?)

It is concerning on one level: We are hurting for effective players at those positions, and the ones we have are leaving in droves. Then again, none of those players were notably effective considering how our defensive line performed this season, so...

Putt4Purple

Me asking the question is not necessarily a personal attack on Dykes and staff it had been a point of contention with the previous GP coach and staff as well. It a question hopefully to be addressed Asap and in the near future.

GenXFrog

Me asking the question is not necessarily a personal attack on Dykes and staff it had been a point of contention with the previous GP coach and staff as well. It a question hopefully to be addressed Asap and in the near future.

Perhaps we can give the new staff some time? I mean, did anyone truly expect 5 years of DL decline to be rectified in a couple of weeks?

deadhorse.gif

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Yes I know because you cannot answer the question! Only the coaching staff can and will answer the question. Hopefully in due course and time they will!
I’m not sure if you know this or not but Sonny isn’t posting on here. So if nobody on here can answer the question maybe you should contemplate why the scheiss you keep asking it.

Putt4Purple

I’m not sure if you know this or not but Sonny isn’t posting on here. So if nobody on here can answer the question maybe you should contemplate why the scheiss you keep asking it.
For the same reason your on this forum. I'm giving my opinion just the same as you. Only thing is you don't want any difference of opinion or outlook other than your own. Instead of being respectful your contentious and demeaning.
I'll keep asking though not to be spiteful but because I feel it needs to be asked.
Go Frogs!