• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

Toad Jones

I said three weeks ago what we have is free agency, today all of the coach's are calling it free agency. College football is ONE step from being professional football. It's wild, wild today. Kids who are recruits, are asking what can you do for me today. That is one of the first questions out of there mouths. That's not here say, but the truth. So its become the highest bidder and the kid gets the biggest checking account. Today one of highest ranking recruits decommitted from OHIO STATE to TEXAS. Come on, you don't decommit from Ohio State to go to Texas unless a large, large amount of money was offered. I'm sure by now you have heard, Texas has made a haul of on lineman offering 50,000 for the ol commit to sign.

Not tooting here but two weeks ago I mentioned talk around the schools and AD's,.. (that) schools will lease its facilities and its name but will not be involved in the day to day operation of its program. Today testifies that is closer than we had hoped for. Reason: $$$$, raising that money, paying coach's 10 million to coach and enforcing regulations and so on.. The university would have to have a fully operating separate company to oversee that. They are already max'd to the limit just operating their schools. Building facilities, paying teachers, operations and dealing with the political thoughts of teachers and students and its problems etc. Then overseeing a football program with its millions, no I don't think so.!

Everyone is aware of the transfer portal. How to get into the portal? Notify the school you want to leave, sign the NCAA papers and go. I'm here- ready-- schools offer away. Today I found out if a signed recruit wanted to disconnect from its obligation, all he would have to do is notify the school, sign the NCAA papers and transfer. If that's not PRO FOOTBALL I'll buy you a good cigar to show me its not. Today as we stand, the difference between the pros and college is with the pros you sign a contract. There is no contract in college, therefore a recruit can steal millions from NIL, don a uniform and say I don't like the way I'm being treated and I'm not playing enough so I'm outta of here.

So the blue bloods have the immediate advantage. Other schools like TCU, Vandy, etc are standing in the cold and not qualifying with the big boys. So you have the have and the have nots. Do they pull away with their own kind and form another league and let the blue bloods run football the way it benefits them the most. Some on here said, no way, that won't happen. So open your eyes because its two steps away from that right now, today.

The NCAA made this mess hoping as time passed they would have a direction. A few quick breath and the NCAA has lost total control and letting the blue bloods do what they want to do.

Question: Ewers left Ohio State because some agent put a bug in his eye and told him the multi-millions can be had but you got to pull away from Ohio State. Where does he end up, surprise Texas. I'd bet that Bentley his mom wants, his NIL check is not the million $ Ohio State gave him but most likely several million $ to play for Texas. Now do you see why TCU said we don't fit? We're a school with substantial money investors but they are often asked to give toward a building a football field, a business school and then ask them to bet on a 17 year old kid given to him with millions. Again, I don't think so. Ewers holds the success of Sark in his hands, mess up and Sark will be another coach thru the doors of UT. Doesn't today remind you of the confusion, the spending of millions of dollars, lack of regulation, crazy decisions to today's political climate?...

Last edited:

Toad Jones

So fellow Frogs, most likely in the coming months, Mom and Dad have employed investors, real estate agents, own their own real estate companies, started a bank or two and direct their child on their actions day to day and HOPE they are mature at 17-18-19-20 yrs old to conduct themselves in a manner that does not jeopardize there standing in the neighborhood, church, the notoriety and pray to heaven Johnny doesn't loose them a ball game and get some individual fired. In the locker rooms, the coach's will see handlers, tax agents, investors, and most important, an agent. This is wild I'm telling you and to think, yesterday these parents were concerned about wearing a mask. You hope to high heaven his parents thought and are mature enough to think of their Childs future in 25 years and how he was going to pay for his living. Ah you say but he has millions by now to take care of that. Confirmed, that's confirmed most of these young people won't have a penny in there pocket and they will have to do something other than work at McDonald's by their 35th birthday.

And these young men and women will be running our country too. Scary.

BUT, and there is always a but...a good education can a make a difference. Keep that in mind as you attend one of the finest universities in this or any other country!

Last edited:

Shorty

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

TAINTed frog

So fellow Frogs, most likely in the coming months, Mom and Dad have employed investors, real estate agents, own their own real estate companies, started a bank or two and direct their child on their actions day to day and HOPE they are mature at 17-18-19-20 yrs old to conduct themselves in a manner that does not jeopardize there standing in the neighborhood, church, the notoriety and pray to heaven Johnny doesn't loose them a ball game and get some individual fired. In the locker rooms, the coach's will see handlers, tax agents, investors, and most important, an agent. This is wild I'm telling you and to think, yesterday these parents were concerned about wearing a mask. You hope to high heaven his parents thought and are mature enough to think of their Childs future in 25 years and how he was going to pay for his living. Ah you say but he has millions by now to take care of that. Confirmed, that's confirmed most of these young people won't have a penny in there pocket and they will have to do something other than work at McDonald's by their 35th birthday.

And these young men and women will be running our country too. Scary.

BUT, and there is always a but...a good education can a make a difference. Keep that in mind as you attend one of the finest universities in this or any other country!
Delete Old Man GIF

Toad Jones

I have no idea if he will succeed or not, but I think Dykes has done just about everything exactly right so far. I don't follow recruiting very much, but it seems like the staff did a great job in a very short period of time; it could easily have been a lost year for recruiting.
I agree, very little advantage coming aboard a few weeks ago. Now that the first round of signing day has past, Gary may make a move. The young man who says he is going to commit to the flashing light man at Jackson State. Wow...I don't believe that will open That kind of move has never happened before in modern times. Another item on the crazy day list..

That picture of me above a couple of post up. Nope ..want a picture in your mind of me, look at Robert Redford when he filmed Butch Cassidy. Now that's the real me. What's ya think Quilter and Lisa, did I get any Ahhhhhh.

Last edited: