• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

LisaLT

This is a bummer, but expected I guess. Until these kids know who the next coach will be we are screwed recruiting wise.

Moose Stuff

This is a bummer, but expected I guess. Until these kids know who the next coach will be we are screwed recruiting wise.
Assume all of them will decommitted/re-open recruitment. That’s the most likely thing to happen. Kids that commit to UT/OU/Bama/etc might be committing to the school but kids that commit to a smaller school like TCU are almost always committing to the coach/staff.

Wexahu

Assume all of them will decommitted/re-open recruitment. That’s the most likely thing to happen. Kids that commit to UT/OU/Bama/etc might be committing to the school but kids that commit to a smaller school like TCU are almost always committing to the coach/staff.
And then when the new guy is hired we’ll likely land a bunch of new ones, and then there’s always the transfer portal, which honestly makes the HS recruiting less important.

Not concerned at all.

Moose Stuff

And then when the new guy is hired we’ll likely land a bunch of new ones, and then there’s always the transfer portal, which honestly makes the HS recruiting less important.

Not concerned at all.
Nobody that wanted Gary gone should be concerned. Was inevitable.

Palliative Care

It is hard to sale your program to these recruits when not only the HC is gone but the staff they are talking with will likely be gone too. I don't blame any of them for decommitting. There is no way we and any other schools who loose their HC ever do much their initial year. However, the portal could provide some saving grace later but also I bet there will be a lot players leaving through it too. Exits of staff, players and recruits will be all too common now. Next season will be difficult for the new staff.

Eight

I mean they all are whether they tweet about it or not. Some may well come back. We’ll see.

agree, with the change there are going to be something players lost be it commits or on the roster.

who/when the frogs hire may hold some of this class together and slow the transfers out, but this bump is no different than losing some clients when you have a change in your sales force

TCUWIN

What was SMU’s recruiting class looking like? Anyone we will want? I’m sure there are several that will de commit from them and commit to us now.

Last edited: