• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

helcap

Didn't feel like starting a new thread. This feels like a good place to drop it.

From the article this ranking is from https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-looking-back-at-the-top-true-freshman-classes-of-2020

TCU HORNED FROGS
TCU showed off a pair of true freshmen at running back this season, and neither looked their age. Both Kendre Miller and Zach Evans received 54 carries, averaged over seven yards per attempt and forced 14 missed tackles. Though both played above their class, Evans stood out, gaining 5.8 yards after contact per carry compared to Miller’s 2.7.

At receiver, Quentin Johnston showed off his after-the-catch and big-play ability. He caught only 22 balls on 41 targets but averaged 22.1 yards per reception and 8.9 yards after the catch per reception while forcing 16 missed tackles.

Edge defender Khari Coleman was also strong along the defensive line, earning a 79.0 run-defense grade behind 22 quarterback pressures.

CryptoMiner

Lightly recruited OT out of Georgia starting to get attention from TCU. Adorian Favors 6-6/288 Cedar Shoals HS Athens GA 4A All-State with offers from Coastal Carolina and Georgia State.

CryptoMiner

No penalties and no sacks allowed last season. Maurice "Mo" Clipper (great name for an OT) 6-6/280 Milton GA offers inc MissSt, Memphis, Tulane, Maryland Coastal Carolina and many others

Eight

forgot about clint, aside from them i can't really think of any off hand

curious what the numbers are on that around the country as if it truly does matter to the next generation in recruiting or is that more of something that the fan bases thinks should be important

CryptoMiner

Speedster with good hands out of the backfield. Marlon Gunn Jr 6-0/200 RB Scotlandville HS Baton Rouge LA offered by FlaSt, Virginia, SMU and others. TCU looking hard.

Eight

Llewelyn qualifies as a surprise for me. At least the timing of it did.

don't know the parents so i have no idea how strong they were involved in the decision making, but ou and texas both are pushing very hard in their classes for 2022 so i am sure there was an aspect of get on now before the train leaves you behind

as far as a tight end prospect picking ou over tcu

giphy.gif