• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

Zubaz

Why? The leagues haven't really been separate for 25 years. Even less so now that the DH is in both. It's as meaningless as the AFC / NFC division.

I am not really a fan of interleague play, and now MLB is going all on interleague play - 2023 schedule is out and it has every team playing every team. So the Rangers will play all 29 teams next year. Vomit
More study for every player having to get ready for more pitchers and hitters they have not had to.

I know a Yankee fan that is a fan of this because it moves toward a more equal schedule, everybody having to play the strongest division such as the AL East this year. I assume it also reduces the number of times the Yankees have to play their divison rivals.

LVH

I do like the balanced schedule, I hated the lopsided divisional schedules, especially in the context of the wild card.

But if its going to be all 29 teams, might as well just cut to the chase and geographically align all of MLB via a Western and Eastern League. I know it would mean the dissolution of the AL/NL but its not like the past 2 commissioners have respected tradition or history anyway.

I actually expect it to happen once the A's move.

I do like the balanced schedule, I hated the lopsided divisional schedules, especially in the context of the wild card.

But if its going to be all 29 teams, might as well just cut to the chase and geographically align all of MLB via a Western and Eastern League. I know it would mean the dissolution of the AL/NL but its not like the past 2 commissioners have respected tradition or history anyway.

I actually expect it to happen once the A's move.

I expected it to happen by now. But they could also be waiting on expansion. I would hope that Nashville and Raleigh are the favorites. Montrael already proved they couldn't support a team so I don't know why they'd give them another crack. Portland and Austin/SA are options as well. Also, could be waiting on TB in addition to Oak.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I would wear a retro shirt of each of these logos except Houston.
Now, the old, old Astros logo, with the flaming star across the chest was a great logo!
altuve_800__49189.1647631106.JPG

So is Nathaniel Lowe considered good yet? Nobody ever seems to talk about what he’s doing at all.

Twitter says he sucks. I've always liked him from the beginning. Kind of reminds me of Mark Teixiera, minus the switch-hitting. He was a pretty good fielder the last 2 years but this year he's been awful and he dropped the laziest popup last night. What I like best about him is he hits to all fields. Since he's been here he been at the top of the league in LH opposite field hits. He's essentially hitting the equivalent of .320-.325 15 years ago. Once he puts it all together he has 35HR potential. Top 10 in AL in OPS, average and hits. Would be a great DH if another top line 1B becomes available.