• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

Another Astros mid season highlight. Stros won 7 of 9 games in a string versus New York New York, the Mets and Damn Yankees—6 of the 9 in the Bronx and Queens. 4-0 versus the Mets, and 3-2 versus Yanks. The Mets will be better when they get DeGrom and Scherzer back, yikes. The Astros starting ptiching was outstanding, crazy good

Another crazy Stros stat from Jayson Stark@jaysonst—

Here's the most amazing stat I unearthed about the Astros' 9 straight games against the Yankees and Mets:

They threw 1,306 pitches in those 9 games. They didn't trail when they threw a single one of them! They lost 2 because of 2 Aaron Judge walkoffs. Nevertheless...incredible.

Eight

Another crazy Stros stat from Jayson Stark@jaysonst—

Here's the most amazing stat I unearthed about the Astros' 9 straight games against the Yankees and Mets:

They threw 1,306 pitches in those 9 games. They didn't trail when they threw a single one of them! They lost 2 because of 2 Aaron Judge walkoffs. Nevertheless...incredible.

they lost 2 because pressley and maton crapped the bed. both could have been just average and judge never gets up to the beat them and they sweep the yanks

Today, Stros’ four pitchers, Valdez, Neris, Montero and Pressly fanned 20, a Houston 9 inning record. The Angels struck out 47 times in the three game series, and were outscored 21-4. Trout was 0-11 with nine strikeouts.

Astros rookie SS, Jeremy Pena, had four hits today, two homers, the last one a 429 foot centerfield walkoff—4-2 win.

Last edited:

Eight

baseball is an interesting game

astros play the yankees and for the bulk of 5 games locked down that offense

astros play the angels and two players espn keeps bashing us over our heads and we get the angels striking out at a rate that makes joey gallo look like tony gwynn

astros play the last place royals and give up 20 runs in 3 games.

is there any other sport where you can go from high to low so quickly?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
baseball is an interesting game

astros play the yankees and for the bulk of 5 games locked down that offense

astros play the angels and two players espn keeps bashing us over our heads and we get the angels striking out at a rate that makes joey gallo look like tony gwynn

astros play the last place royals and give up 20 runs in 3 games.

is there any other sport where you can go from high to low so quickly?
Just college basketball. Look at our own Frogs. Can upset a top 10 team then turn right around and get blown out by a team with a losing record.

Went up to Citi Field by myself yesterday. (Just got home). That place is awesome. Great stadium. Great atmosphere. Fans were great. 100% opposite of Yankees fans. Talked to several and when they learned I was from Texas they were very complimentary of the state and the Rangers, surprisingly. Incredibly knowledgeable fanbase. Seeing Keith Hernandez getting his number retired was incredible. The love they have for him is amazing. I have to think that one day the Veteran's Committee will put him in Cooperstown. It was a very special day. Saw lots of tears. Had a great seat. Spent so much in merch they gave me $60 in Mets gift cards so I blew it all on beers. High was 82. Got a Keith Hernandez bobblehead. Just a great day.

Mets won in a walkoff but I had to leave in the 7th to make my flight. Sadly, while standing outside waiting for an Uber I learned they sing Piano Man during the 7th inning stretch.

ShreveFrog

@The Artist Formerly Known as PhormerPhrog - We made our first trip to NYC in ‘06. Went to games in old Yankee Stadium (took the tour) and Shea Stadium. Despite all the history and “Mystique” of the Yankees (as Curt Schilling said, “Mystique is a pole dancer.”) we had a much better time at Shea and the Mets. The fans were more into it. Just an overall more fun atmosphere, such as between innings music. Would like to see a game at Citi.

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

@The Artist Formerly Known as PhormerPhrog - Sorry you missed the ending, but glad you had a great memorable day.

My favorite MLB ballpark experiences:
1) Wrigley (though it's been 34 years ago) (first visit in '87, pre-lights)
2) Fenway (15 years ago)
3) Old Comiskey (also 34 years ago; loved the archways and double deck structure you see in the old pics)
4) Shea
5) Old Yankee
6) Dodger
7) Ballpark in Arlington (Rangers fan) (They did it right)
8) Anaheim - Because I lucked out with free tickets behind the plate and saw late '90s Rangers finish a sweep by scoring something like 18 runs.

Would like to see games in the Giants and Padres ballparks.

Would 100x rather see a game in old Arlington Stadium than the current Globe Life Park.