• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

bc puckett

the only red sox off that team i think any astro fan has an issue with is joe kelly for obvious reason

as far as that team, i agree and think that the play off series with them have been some very good baseball. same with the rays

their fan base is a different matter which is a bit ironic when you consider who they back in pro football

will say they are far from the biggest whiners and only one gm continues to whine about it.
Believe me I am not one of those fans. I can’t think of many other teams that I hate more than the Patriots and their bandwagon fans.

Eight

Believe me I am not one of those fans. I can’t think of many other teams that I hate more than the Patriots and their bandwagon fans.

appreciate the way you not only stick up for your team but won't back down off what you think is right

the media in that area are the ones that really get as well and that includes nyc. fawn over cheaters and some really bad people and then act like the astros did this on their own

beltran has truly shown his colours in all of this

Tonight the Stros tied an MLB record with five homers in one inning (413, 411, 405, 381, 360 feet). Three of them over the green monster, at Fenway. Rookie SS Jeremy Pena chipped in for one, his 7th of the season.

Five has now happened eight times, so then maybe it is statistically surprising that no team has ever hit six or more. Recently, five has happened in 2017, 2020 and now 2022, but not during the 40 years between 1966-2006—and yet some point to a dead ball this year, ha.

NL clubs have enjoyed a five-homer inning on five different occasions – and oddly, in the first four, the Reds were the victims.

The Giants have hit five twice, in 1939 and ‘61.

The Minnesota Twins were the first AL team, in 1966, versus the Kansas City Athletics (A’s moved to Oakland in 1968). The first two homers were off starter Catfish Hunter in the 7th. Harmon Killebrew hit the fifth homer, his second of the game. The other four homers in that Twins’ 7th inning struck by Rich Rollins, SS Zoilo Versalles, RF Tony Oliva and 1B Don Mincher.

The Yankees were the last team to hit five, in 2020, maybe surprisingly not having done it before.

Last edited:

bc puckett

appreciate the way you not only stick up for your team but won't back down off what you think is right

the media in that area are the ones that really get as well and that includes nyc. fawn over cheaters and some really bad people and then act like the astros did this on their own

beltran has truly shown his colours in all of this
Believe me living in CT (sadly ) I get it from both sides Also the Red Sox had their own deal with some kind of Apple Watch deal around the same time so it was kind of like the old glass house thing. Plus I’ve been a Raider fan for over 50 years so I’ve seen a lot of off the books things

Eight

Believe me living in CT (sadly ) I get it from both sides Also the Red Sox had their own deal with some kind of Apple Watch deal around the same time so it was kind of like the old glass house thing. Plus I’ve been a Raider fan for over 50 years so I’ve seen a lot of off the books things

so you appreciate the just win mantra

It is still fun to watch Zack Greinke throw his soft stuff. He has a 3.48 era after 8 starts and 44 innings—only 4 walks and 2 homeruns. After six games, his era was 2.67 but he then had his one stinker, though at Coors Field where the air is likely not as amenable to his crafty pitching, surrendering 5 earned in 4.2 innings.

Last edited:

JogginFrog

It is still fun to watch Zack Greinke throw his soft stuff. He has a 3.48 era after 8 starts and 44 innings—only 4 walks and 2 homeruns. After six games, his era was 2.67 but he then had his one stinker, though at Coors Field where the air is likely not as amenable to his crafty pitching, surrendering 5 earned in 4.2 innings.
I think the Rox should retire the humidor, pick up a bunch of fireballers on the cheap, and give up entirely on the breaking stuff. You throw 100 with a semi-functional splitter? Hired.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Rangers will be .500 with a win today.
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

Will you ever learn?