• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
yawn-yawning.gif

I don't like either of them but that Washington one is FUGLY.
I love that darker shade of gray top offset with the white trouser—a great look for the Nats or any team. And I won’t shy from liking how well the pastel pink accents and cherry blossoms work with gray—kinda like grandmother’s wall paper. It is home design “pedigree,” and don’t mess with grandma, ha. May be my favorite of the nine introduced so far.

I also like the Astros and the Southside White Sox. The Astro socks signify the booster rockets firing. The all dark blue with minimal orange accents is sharp. I might have skipped the gradient piping and instead gone with solid orange or gold (no yellow) piping, but the gradient is ‘Stros nostalgia.
1649783775455.jpeg

Last edited:

Eight

I love that darker shade of gray top offset with the white trouser—a great look for the Nats or any team. And I won’t shy from liking how well the pastel pink accents and cherry blossoms work with gray—kinda like grandmother’s wall paper. It is home design “pedigree,” and don’t mess with grandma, ha. May be my favorite of the nine so far introduced.

I also like the Astros and the Southside White Sox. The Astro socks signify the booster rockets firing. The all dark blue with minimal orange accents works well. I might have skipped the gradient piping and instead gone with solid orange or gold (no yellow) piping, but the gradient is ‘Stros nostalgia.
View attachment 11222

if you have to read something to understand the color pattern of the socks you have failed in the design work. it is a freaking baseball uniform representing a city and not a mural going next to the water wall or even an entry into the art car parade

PurpleBlood87

Nick Lodolo will make his MLB debut at 12:15 pm. Wednesday.
If you have Directv you can watch the game as part of MLB Extra Innings free preview.
Game delayed by weather in Cincinnati.
Just had a really good piece on Lodolo and Brandon Williamson who were roommates while at TCU. Williamson was traded to the Reds during Spring training.

Bob Sugar

Kershaw had a perfect game through 7, 13Ks on only 80 pitches, and the Dodgers pulled him. Bullpen proceeds to go give up a hit two batters later.

Dodgers were leading 6-0. Kershaw got the three 7th inning outs on just 11 pitches.

From Jeff Passan—
If it's a no-hitter, whatever. Yank him. Clayton Kershaw has thrown one. But there have been more than 220,000 games in MLB history. There have been 23 perfect games. Everything -- especially a pitch count of 80 -- is lining up to at least let Kershaw try. You cannot pull him.

In the same game, the Twins’ reliever gave up three homers in a row on only four pitches.

Last edited:

Eight

Dodgers were leading 6-0. Kershaw got the three 7th inning outs on just 11 pitches.

From Jeff Passan—
If it's a no-hitter, whatever. Yank him. Clayton Kershaw has thrown one. But there have been more than 220,000 games in MLB history. There have been 23 perfect games. Everything -- especially a pitch count of 80 -- is lining up to at least let Kershaw try. You cannot pull him.

In the same game, the Twins’ reliever gave up three homers in a row on only four pitches.

you do remember the real reason the astros beat the dodgers in the world series....

Bob Sugar

From Jeff Passan—

Apparently it’s the second time the Dodgers manager has pulled a guy late in a perfect game.

Eight

have to admire the rangers conviction and persistence in challenging kyle tucker the last three games.

law of averages says he should have gotten out at least once in those situations

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
have to admire the rangers conviction and persistence in challenging kyle tucker the last three games.

law of averages says he should have gotten out at least once in those situations

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

Should have spent some of that half a billion on some damn pitchers.