• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

Carlos Correa to the Twins at 105.3 million, 3 years with opt outs after year 1 and 2. Unbelievable. I guess it is all about the money. He gets to call himself the highest paid infielder at 35.1 million. Minnesota’s starting pitching is weak as it stands today. Minnesota has a state income tax. Astros had offered him five years and 160 million before the lockout and it’s hard to believe they didn’t give him the opt out after year one if he asked. It should have been what the Astros wanted, just another year of Correa waiting for Jeremy Pena to develop—perfect, so what happened. So much for loving your teammates, he sure let them down. His Astro buddies were all excited with the buzz that he might be staying another year. The Twins are my second team but I am not happy because I know they can’t contend without pitching. If the Twins were were as good as the Astros I might not mind. What a waste of Correa. I will hope this news is wrong and changes by mid morning.

As I have stated before, it is messed up that we fanatics care more about winning than the players do; they have their excessive money and it is never enough, and we are the suckers that pay them.

Last edited:

Eight

Carlos Correa to the Twins at 105.3 million, 3 years with opt outs after year 1 and 2. Unbelievable. I guess it is all about the money. He gets to call himself the highest paid infielder at 35.1 million. Minnesota’s starting pitching is weak as it stands today. Minnesota has a state income tax. Astros had offered him five years and 160 million before the lockout and it’s hard to believe they didn’t give him the opt out after year one if he asked. It should have been what the Astros wanted, just another year of Correa waiting for Jeremy Pena to develop—perfect, so what happened. So much for loving your teammates, he sure let them down. His Astro buddies were all excited with the buzz that he might be staying another year. The Twins are my second team but I am not happy because I know they can’t contend without pitching. If the Twins were were as good as the Astros I might not mind. What a waste of Correa. I will hope this news is wrong and changes by mid morning.

As I have stated before, it is messed up that we fanatics care more about winning than the players do; they have their excessive money and it is never enough, and we are the suckers that pay them.

correa is following the path of arod, first free agent contract is for stupid money, and the second will be for money and winning and the person who will benefit the most is boras

"The Twins, in a slick covert operation, landed the biggest free agent in franchise history, managing to keep their interest in Correa eerily quiet.

There wasn’t a single peep they were negotiating or had remotely any interest in the top free agent on the market.
Sure, everyone knew that the market was drying up for Correa, and he wasn’t going to get his $350 million contract to top Francisco Lindor’s deal with the New York Mets, but it was assumed he’d simply get a lucrative short-term contract with opt-outs to hit the market again.

But come on, not the Twins.
The deal could be perfect for Correa. He will earn the largest yearly salary by an infielder in baseball history at $35.1 million a year, with opt-out clauses after the first two seasons.

It was important to Correa to be the highest-paid infielder, so the contract pays him $100,000 more a year than Anthony Rendon of the Los Angeles Angels.

Correa will be playing in a bigger ballpark in Minneapolis, but the Twins were high on his list of free-agent options, thanks to his love affair at Target Field. He has a 1.205 OPS at Target Field, hitting .413 with a .762 slugging percentage, and five homers with 20 RBI in 15 regular season games – plus another homer in the playoffs.”

Also some interesting notes on agent Scott Boras’ day; it seems Correa and Daniela could have been courteous enough to feed him, rather than him having to grab a late night piece of cake at the Cheesecake Factory.

Last edited:

Eight

"The Twins, in a slick covert operation, landed the biggest free agent in franchise history, managing to keep their interest in Correa eerily quiet.

There wasn’t a single peep they were negotiating or had remotely any interest in the top free agent on the market.
Sure, everyone knew that the market was drying up for Correa, and he wasn’t going to get his $350 million contract to top Francisco Lindor’s deal with the New York Mets, but it was assumed he’d simply get a lucrative short-term contract with opt-outs to hit the market again.

But come on, not the Twins.
The deal could be perfect for Correa. He will earn the largest yearly salary by an infielder in baseball history at $35.1 million a year, with opt-out clauses after the first two seasons.

It was important to Correa to be the highest-paid infielder, so the contract pays him $100,000 more a year than Anthony Rendon of the Los Angeles Angels.

Correa will be playing in a bigger ballpark in Minneapolis, but the Twins were high on his list of free-agent options, thanks to his love affair at Target Field. He has a 1.205 OPS at Target Field, hitting .413 with a .762 slugging percentage, and five homers with 20 RBI in 15 regular season games – plus another homer in the playoffs.”

Also some interesting notes on agent Scott Boras’ day; it seems Correa and Daniela could have been courteous enough to feed him, rather than him having to grab a late night piece of cake at the Cheesecake Factory.

so does he still get to hit against the twins pitching staff?

The Astros beat Shohei Ohtani in LA, 3-1, to win 10 straight Opening Day games which ties the Major League record by the Boston Beaneaters from 1887-96. Astro Framber Valdez was very good (2 weak hits, 1 walk in 6.2 innings). The Beaneaters are now the Atlanta Braves.

The Astros are not on local TV tonight because Apple TV+ gets the broadcast. I think each team loses 2 local broadcasts to Apple TV+ this year, sheesh.

The 1897 Boston Beaneaters
1649432549667.jpeg

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

The Astros beat Shohei Ohtani in LA, 3-1, to win 10 straight Opening Day games which ties the Major League record by the Boston Beaneaters from 1887-96. Astro Framber Valdez was very good (2 weak hits, 1 walk in 6.2 innings). The Beaneaters are now the Atlanta Braves.

The Astros are not on local TV tonight because Apple TV+ gets the broadcast. I think each team loses 2 local broadcasts to Apple TV+ this year, sheesh.

View attachment 11198
Ugh. The multiple streaming platforms is a pain

Eight

View attachment 11198

more people will have access to watching the astros tonight on apple tv+ than that abomination of tv channel they are locally broadcast

Eight

holy cow, could the pace of play in the red sox - yankee game get any slower

damn shift is just making this game drag on and on and on....