• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

Eight

@The Artist Formerly Known as PhormerPhrog - Sorry you missed the ending, but glad you had a great memorable day.

My favorite MLB ballpark experiences:
1) Wrigley (though it's been 34 years ago) (first visit in '87, pre-lights)
2) Fenway (15 years ago)
3) Old Comiskey (also 34 years ago; loved the archways and double deck structure you see in the old pics)
4) Shea
5) Old Yankee
6) Dodger
7) Ballpark in Arlington (Rangers fan) (They did it right)
8) Anaheim - Because I lucked out with free tickets behind the plate and saw late '90s Rangers finish a sweep by scoring something like 18 runs.

Would like to see games in the Giants and Padres ballparks.

Would 100x rather see a game in old Arlington Stadium than the current Globe Life Park.

when you say "old" arlington stadium do you mean the original arlington stadium with the aluminum bleachers that kept nearby hospital burn wards full in july, august, and september and at which you could hear the canons of the pirate ship at seven seas

or

the second version of arlington stadium which might have had the worst air circulation of any outdoor structure ever built south of the mason-dixon line

Eight

@Eight -- Well, either. 1972-1993. Yes, it was dumpy. But it was a ballpark (outdoors, real grass) with lots of good seats. I worked there for four seasons ('81-'84) while in college on the grounds crew. Great memories.

worst thing they ever did was enclose the outfield with all those ads. know why they did it, but oh my gosh did that make that place unbelievably hot..........until the rebuild

not many franchises get a chance to scheiss up a stadium rebuild twice, but apparently they have

ShreveFrog

worst thing they ever did was enclose the outfield with all those ads. know why they did it, but oh my gosh did that make that place unbelievably hot..........until the rebuild

not many franchises get a chance to scheiss up a stadium rebuild twice, but apparently they have
Yeah when they put up the billboards and the video board, the prevailing south wind created a jet stream effect blowing through the corners that blew the ball out. Fly balls became home runs. That same wind coming over the bleachers previously knocked the ball down.

Eight

Jonah Heim got the All Star shaft. I guess the Yankees needed a 7th all star instead. Jonah Heim has better numbers in every stat vs Jose Trevino

think instead of selecting other american league players they should just have the entire yankees roster plus trout and ohtani represent the american league

when you say "old" arlington stadium do you mean the original arlington stadium with the aluminum bleachers that kept nearby hospital burn wards full in july, august, and september and at which you could hear the canons of the pirate ship at seven seas

or

the second version of arlington stadium which might have had the worst air circulation of any outdoor structure ever built south of the mason-dixon line

There's only one Arlington Stadium

FBallFan123

MLB draft starts Sunday.

Rangers pick #3 overall.

So here’s a couple mock drafts…

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-draft-july-13-2022

1. Orioles: Druw Jones, OF, Wesleyan HS, Ga. (No. 1)

2. D-backs: Jackson Holliday, SS, Stillwater HS, Okla. (No. 2)

3. Rangers: Kevin Parada, C, Georgia Tech (No. 6)
The Rangers would take Jones or Holliday, but with them gone, the choices come down to Parada and Lee, or Elijah Green on the high school side.

4. Pirates: Termarr Johnson, 2B, Mays HS, Ga. (No. 4)

5. Nationals: Elijah Green, OF, IMG Academy, Fla. (No. 3)

]https://theathletic.com/3413419/2022/07/11/mlb-mock-draft-2022-orioles

1. Baltimore Orioles: Brooks Lee, SS, Cal Poly

2. Arizona Diamondbacks: Druw Jones, OF, Wesleyan School (Norcross, Ga.)

3. Texas Rangers: Jackson Holliday, SS, Stillwater (Okla.) High
Jones is gone by this pick, so I think this is Holliday or Green — Elijah’s father posted video of him smoking a ball at some sort of workout at the Rangers stadium the other day — or Kevin Parada, which would make sense if the Rangers are willing to give up a little upside for the proximity of an advanced college bat who’ll get to the majors while Corey Seager and Marcus Semien are still at their relative peaks.

4. Pittsburgh Pirates: Termarr Johnson, SS, Mays High (Atlanta)

5. Washington Nationals: Kevin Parada, C, Georgia Tech

LisaLT

not sure anyone has heard from lisa t since the trailer for the remake of american gigolo was dropped by showtine
Richard Gere GIF by Filmin