• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

Eight

In addition to other considerations, ESPN has always had a Big College Football Game on Thursday nights. I suppose they will ditch this in favor of maximizing on the NFL.

thought that thursday night was going to be the designated night on espn for the big 12 once texas and ou left for that real football conference

Eight

trade you bregman for pitching prospects and then the astro's keep carlos

both have had some injury issues, but bregman pissed me off by not giving us episode 4 of salsa fuego

y2kFrog

Bye IKF.

Who the scheiss is going to play 3rd base??

Why are we trading for a catcher when Sam Huff is supposed to be our catcher of the future??

Garver only has 2 years left on his contract.

As for 3B, if they don’t get someone else, Andy Ibanez actually had a very good second half buried in the non sense of last year. He was better than IKF from July on.

Last edited:

FBallFan123

Surprised Olson was traded before Freeman signed, but Atlanta always seemed the most likely destination.

He’s from there, he’s 5 years younger, he can hit 30-40 HR’s a season (maybe more now that he’s leaving the Coliseum) and plays good defense.

Unfortunate Braves are not bringing back the former MVP and face of the franchise right after winning the World Series.

As for the A’s, they’re doing what they do.

Total fire sale/rebuild as expected.

But I’m impressed at their returns for Bassitt and Olson so far.

MLB Pipeline’s updated A’s prospect rankings have Langliers #2, Pache #3, Ginn #6, Cusack #7, Estes #14, Oller #23.

We’ll see what they get for guys like Chapman, Manaea, and Montas.

Last edited:

FBallFan123

Also Brandon Williamson was recently traded to the Reds, and could be pitching with Lodolo in the majors at some point.

MLB Pipeline took a question about him…

Which pitcher (Petty or Williamson) projects to be a top of the rotation guy in the future of the Reds? -- @dlights44

Chase Petty, who joined the Reds via the Twins in the Sonny Gray trade, had one of the most electric arms in the 2021 Draft. The New Jersey high school product can run his fastball up to 102 mph with plenty of sink and run, and he complements his heater with an upper-80s slider that can be devastating. But if I can pick only one of these guys to be a future frontline starter, I'm taking Brandon Williamson.

A 2019 second-round pick out of Texas Christian whom the Mariners used as the key piece in the Jesse Winker/Eugenio Suárez deal, Williamson is a physical left-hander who flashes four plus pitches and throws strikes. His best offering is his upper-70s downer curveball, and he also features a fastball that reaches 97 mph with carry, a tight mid-80s slider/cutter and a tumbling mid-80s changeup. He posted a 3.39 ERA with a 153/33 K/BB ratio in 98 1/3 innings between High-A and Double-A last year and should arrive in Cincinnati in the near future.