• The KillerFrogs

2022 MLB Thread*

Eight

This is just my opinion. The players say this right now bc they are in the moment. If they were playing for the World Series they would say the exact same thing ab that moment and winning the WS.

I could be wrong in my thinking.

I think the World Series is the top of the baseball pyramid. Just think ab the media coverage WS vs. WBC. I saw on an ESPN show talk ab the WBC and half of the 3 minute segment was focused on Altuve and the other guy who got injured and they wondered if it was worth them playing in these "exhibition games"

think if you are basing the importance of representing their country to the players of some of these countries based upon the coverage on espn you are going to be dead wrong and altuve's injury could have happened in an spring training game

by that very same logic, no men's professional team should allow the players they have under contract to play for their national teams

many of these are small countries, don't have the variety of olympic sports, but have baseball and it is life to them in many cases. hell, jeremy pena mentioned the reason why he was so calm in the post season was from playing in the winter league play offs in puerto rico and multiple mlb guys go back home to play in those leagues because it matters to them

Creeperfrog

think if you are basing the importance of representing their country to the players of some of these countries based upon the coverage on espn you are going to be dead wrong and altuve's injury could have happened in an spring training game

by that very same logic, no men's professional team should allow the players they have under contract to play for their national teams

many of these are small countries, don't have the variety of olympic sports, but have baseball and it is life to them in many cases. hell, jeremy pena mentioned the reason why he was so calm in the post season was from playing in the winter league play offs in puerto rico and multiple mlb guys go back home to play in those leagues because it matters to them
Ok. Thats your opinion and probably the same with some baseball players. We can disagree on this, thats fine. I just think every "professional" MLB player would rather win the WS over the WBC

With that in mind, I don't know how many countries have a full roster of MLB players. So yeah, this would be the WS to them since they aren't in the majors