• The KillerFrogs

2022 March Madness Thread

JogginFrog

When the NCAA tournament is over, I sometimes look back through the bracket to identify the most irrelevant team in the tournament. That's the team that lost in the first round...to the team that lost in the second round...to the team that lost in the third round...etc. through the final. It's always just one team; easy to find it by working backwards from the final.

In 1998 TCU had a chance to be Team Irrelevant going into the final, but when champ Kentucky emerged from TCU's side of the bracket, the dishonor went to 3-seed South Carolina.

This year, Seton Hall will be Team Irrelevant if UNC wins the title. If KU wins, it'll be Boise State.

Seems to be little rhyme or reason to which seeds earn the dishonor; it's been a 5-seed three of the past 7 years. SMU was Team Irrelevant in 2017 as a 6.

Yeah--I need to find better things to do with my time.

JogginFrog

Two traveling calls in a half? They import these refs from the 1970s?

(I'm not complaining. I'm secretly hoping for a three-second violation.)

Eight

weren't we told a while back the hammer would be dropping on self and the kansas program for what was uncovered in the fbl shoe company investigation?

then kansas doubled down and surely the ncaa wasn't backed down once again by a school who dared them to do something