• The KillerFrogs

2022 March Madness Thread

Iowa State with the upset of 3 seed Wisconsin.

Cyclones to the Sweet 16.
Good for the Big 12, the fine Cyclone fans and @ICCYFAN . One could say this is the example of where being an 11 seed is better than being seeded 8 or 9. A better chance of winning the first game as a 9 seed, but we would probably all agree that TCU may have had a better path to the Sweet Sixteen playing LSU and Wisconsin versus Seton Hall and Arizona. But, very pleased that the lowest seeded Big 12 team knocked off the co-Big 10 champ.

I do wonder some if there is a bit of pro Big 10 bias due to the Big 10 aura—Oklahoma maybe should have been in the tourney instead of Rutgers or Indiana, both of whom were last four in. The AAC and SMU can make a case too, considering how good Houston and Memphis have played, Memphis threatening Gonzaga last night.

Last edited:

Virginia Frog

Tech is going to the sweet 16.
This game was a lose-lose. NotreDame the school that is the #1 media darling vs. Tech Tech likely the most undeserving in college sports. I was hoping they'd both lose. I guess it comes down on the side of the conference. Yea, TT! (Pardon me while I vomit.)

More money for us, I believe.

Endless Purple

NCAA Tournament Conferences with multiple teams:
Through the round of 32..

ACC with 5 teams: 8-2
Virginia Tech (0-1), N Carolina (2-0), Duke (2-0), Notre Dame (2-1), Miami (2-0)

Pac 12 with 3 teams: 4-1
Arizona (2-0), UCLA (2-0), USC (0-1)

Big 12 with 6 teams: 9-3
Kansas (2-0), Baylor (1-1), Texas Tech (2-0), Texas (1-1), TCU (1-1), Iowa St (2-0)

American with 2 teams: 3-1
Houston (2-0), Memphis (1-1)

West Coast with 3 teams: 3-2
Gonzaga (2-0). St Marys (1-1), San Francisco (0-1)

Big 10 with 9 teams: 9-7
Purdue (2-0), Iowa (0-1), Illinois (1-1), Wisconsin (1-1), Ohio St (1-1), Michigan (2-0), Indiana (1-1), Michigan St (1-1), Rutgers (0-1)

Big East with 6 teams: 5-4
VIllanova (2-0), Providence (2-0), UConn (0-1), Seton Hall (0-1), Marquette (0-1), Creighton (1-1)

SEC with 6 teams: 4-5
Kentucky (0-1), Tennessee (1-1), Auburn (1-1), LSU (0-1), Arkansas (2-0), Alabama (0-1)

- - - - done - - - -

Atlantic 10 with 2 teams: 1-2
Richmond (1-1), Davidson (0-1)

MWC with 4 teams: 0-4
Boise St (0-1), Colorado St (0-1), San Diego St (0-1), Wyoming (0-1)

Virginia Frog

Karma. We should have been playing instead of AZ. Glad they lost.
They didn't just lose, they got BEAT solid!

I suspect Sunday's game took a lot out their team. They didn't seem to have any juice tonight and their shooting was mediocre. Serves them right.

Go KU and Iowa St! (and St Pete, too.)

LVH

They didn't just lose, they got BEAT solid!

I suspect Sunday's game took a lot out their team. They didn't seem to have any juice tonight and their shooting was mediocre. Serves them right.

Go KU and Iowa St!
Houston zone prevented them from getting the ball into the post. Houston gave them the jump shot all game and Arizona couldn't hit any

Planks

Good for the Big 12, the fine Cyclone fans and @ICCYFAN . One could say this is the example of where an 11 seed is better than an 8 or 9 seed. A better chance of winning the first game as a 9 seed, but we would probably all agree that TCU may have had a better path to the Sweet Sixteen playing LSU and Wisconsin versus Seton Hall and Arizona. But, very pleased that the lowest seeded Big 12 team knocked off the co-Big 10 champ.
Absolutely agree here. #11 is definitely preferable to #9 seed. Sure, you draw a slightly harder first round opponent (a #6 seed rather than a #8 seed) but you a get a much easier second round draw (#3 seed rather than a #1 seed).

It wouldn’t be possible based upon timing, but from a fairness standpoint what should happen is the bracket should shuffle each round to ensure the highest seeded team plays the lowest seeded team in each region. So in the south #1 Arizona vs #11 Michigan, #2 Villanova vs #9 TCU, #3 Tennessee vs #7 Ohio State, and #4 Houston vs #5 Ohio State.

PurpleBlood87

Absolutely agree here. #11 is definitely preferable to #9 seed. Sure, you draw a slightly harder first round opponent (a #6 seed rather than a #8 seed) but you a get a much easier second round draw (#3 seed rather than a #1 seed).

It wouldn’t be possible based upon timing, but from a fairness standpoint what should happen is the bracket should shuffle each round to ensure the highest seeded team plays the lowest seeded team in each region. So in the south #1 Arizona vs #11 Michigan, #2 Villanova vs #9 TCU, #3 Tennessee vs #7 Ohio State, and #4 Houston vs #5 Ohio State.

Reseeding after the round of 64 sounds great in theory but it is a logistics nightmare.