• The KillerFrogs

2022 Football Regular Season Predictions

Volare

With the final out recorded in the baseball season, it's time to turn our attention to the football.

If you've been around here for a while, you know how this works, but it is always amazing how many people can screw this up. This is a REGULAR SEASON prediction, so your numbers should add to TWELVE. 6-6 works, as does 12-0, or 0-12.

As usual, a spreadsheet will be created.
You will be labeled either a homer or a troll by your fellow posters.
Winners get the glory of demonstrating their superior prognostication.

Previous results and winners:

2021 - none
2020 - Froggish, Casey8Ball, nwlafrog, Optinel, Wally The Frog, Purp
2019 - geezer, Volare
2018 - Frognosticator, geezer
2017 - SkoSki, Big Frog II, League City Frog, ShreveFrog, Jefffrog 1993, tcumaniac, Bruce Berry, stbrab, Nick Danger, FROG PARENTS 1961, XIIFrog, The Frog to be Named Later, gp4prez, Deep Purple
2016 - none

Last edited:

Nick Danger

Well, I guess I'll go with a 7-5! Things have been progressing nicely with a good spring training and better than expected recruiting but all the new guys/recruits will probably take time to congeal and will be even better in '23, but even a 7-5 and some sort of Bowl game is still a two game improvement over last year, and a good turnaround without getting ahead of ourselves too much!

Last edited:
TCU moved on from Patterson because of mediocre 6-6, and 4-5 Big 12 seasons. Seems predictions of less than 8-4 and 5-4 Big 12 is incompatible with all the enthusiasm of Dykes and staff and their recruiting. Settling for 2-1 in a soft non-conference schedule with lowly Colorado and SMU seems incongruent with the strong approval here of Dykes and company. I am not predicting, but seems a floor of 8-4 (3-0 and then 5-4) should be expected based on the discussion on this forum this past year, with some hope for 9-3 and 6-3.

Last edited:

HornyWartyToad

I predict you'll see kids having fun again playing the game, and working hard to be their best. I think the younger woker staff pays immediate dividends, with the "fun" aspect balanced by the psychotic Kaz intensity of training. We know we have some crazy-good ballers on offense, I think Sonny is good enough at QB management to get us scoring tons of points. It's gonna be entertaining and wild.

10-2.