• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

dawg

Pefok just scored again, great goal. We have an in form striker for the top team in the Bundesliga and can’t call him into our squad. SMFH.
Berhalter is making some weird moves like Boob Bradley did his 2nd cycle. Makes no darning sense. And he's a 4 hour drive from Cologne where the team will train. At minimum bring him to camp and hold him out of matches to keep him healthy.
scheissing Berhalter… His loyalty over form is going to cost us in Qatar.

Purp

scheissing Berhalter… His loyalty over form is going to cost us in Qatar.
That's exactly my point about Boob Bradley. He was so loyal to Sasha Kljestan for no apparent reason it weakened almost every side he ever fielded. There were others for him too, but Sasha was the most infuriating. I was worried GB would be the same way with Roldan and Lletget, but it appears he recognizes they aren't in the same class as the rest of their younger peers. Not sure what he's doing at the striker position right now.

Purp

I'm fine with these moves (actually want to see both players), but I'm a little disappointed that players aren't willing to work through minor injuries to participate in this window. Especially a guy on the edge of starting like Richards. His participation could be the difference between starting in Qatar and not. I understand the compressed schedules is playing a role here, but I think some minor club sacrifices need to be made to accommodate this window.

Purp

Can't remember if I mentioned this already, but I just landed in Dusseldorf this morning. Here for a glass trade show, but the Nats will be here Friday to face Japan. Unfortunately we leave Thursday. Wish the friendly were scheduled before we booked the trip. Would have been worth staying an extra day to watch that one.

Purp

Darning FIFA and Qatar. Naturally they build 7 palaces like Jerruh built, but don't have the foresight to prepare accommodations for the fans coming. What a darning disaster. And an easily foreseeable one at that. Too bad Putin didn't invade FIFA.

Eight

The FIFA games have been [ #2020 ] for a long time, but this is a reason to consider FIFA 23…

first and most importantly, as enticing as it would be to have ted lasso coaching the us men's team in the 2022 world cup it really falls short if it doesn't include the beard and the start up music is this classic piece

coach-beard-ted-lasso.gif