• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

I could support proposed Pulisic and Dest moves. I really want Pulisic to leave Chelsea. Either of these options would be great for him. I'd prefer Juve as long as McKennie is staying there. Makes it easier for me to watch both and gets our two best players opportunity to develop some incredible chemistry together ahead of Qatar.

It's indicative of a putrid state of affairs when I'd root for Dest to transfer to United. I'd truly hate for any American international to play there just like I hope for TCU players to never play for the Redskins, Eagles, Lakers, Yankees, etc. But I'd hate it more for him to stay at Barca. That place is an unmitigated shambles and I worry his career could pay a severe price were he to stay there.

chee

You are correct. They now have the European League of Football. NFL no longer has anything to do with then. Frankfurt Galaxy, Rhein Fireand seven others.

Purp

Utd are a dumpster fire. I’d like to see him head to Juve and team up with Weston.
This is my hope too. I'd hate to see him at United, but at least he'd be playing regularly and it would only be a 1 year loan. And if Dest also went to Old Trafford it would get a lot easier to watch them. Give me Pulisic to Juve, though. I'd love for CP and Weston to get chemistry playing every day together.

Chongo94

Not that he’s in play for Nat team spots anymore it seems but Lynden Gooch scored a beauty of a goal today in a loss.

May have to use a VPN to watch this as it’s Sky Sports highlights.

dawg

This is my hope too. I'd hate to see him at United, but at least he'd be playing regularly and it would only be a 1 year loan. And if Dest also went to Old Trafford it would get a lot easier to watch them. Give me Pulisic to Juve, though. I'd love for CP and Weston to get chemistry playing every day together.
Yep. My disdain of Utd would decrease slightly if Pulisic and Dest, who needs to get out of Barça and get minutes, wound up in their side.

Chongo94

Nike went Under Armor level bad on the new MNT jersey. Not great, Bob!.

Worthless. Just trash.

“Oh let’s throw some weird angular red and blue on the sides and angular blue on the neck and make the other 95% of the jersey plain white, that’ll be amazing!!”

Edit: Some are saying that could be a training top. Let’s hope so, geez. Still, $110 for a training jersey seems a bit steep and in line with price points for the actual jersey jersey ugh.

Last edited:

Purp

Yep. My disdain of Utd would decrease slightly if Pulisic and Dest, who needs to get out of Barça and get minutes, wound up in their side.
My disdain wouldn't diminish, just like it hasn't for Chelsea with CP10 there; I'd just root for both guys to play 90 minutes every game, find their best form by November, and score a brace each per game in 5-4 defeats.

Purp

Some interesting nuggets in here.

It's looking like John Brooks is on the downside of his career. A move to Saudi Arabia for 3 years seems like an admission that he's lost his fastball and trying to earn as much money as he can while he can still play before ending his career in MLS. It's surprising b/c he's still in his 20s and he finished the year pretty well with Wolfsburg after early struggles. The only advantage he may have to playing in Saudi is he'll be getting regular minutes and will be really close to Qatar if an emergency call needs to go out in November.

The Weah news is more exciting for me. I'd really dig seeing him team up with Musah at Valencia to build chemistry and form with a USMNT mate. The CP10 to Juve rumors are a lot quieter than the ones seeing him and Dest to United, but I'd really love to see McKennie and Pulisic team up at Juve too.