• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Also, hoping some of the English idiots that are Leeds fans start appreciating Aaronson now. Saw some typically bad English takes when he was signed.

Just another reason I always ALWAYS root for it to NEVER “come home.”
Yeah, he's the persistent pest you've got to have if you're a side fighting to avoid relegation. They need him bigly.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Sometimes it takes a few hours to put events up for replay. Watching Dortmund right now, but I'll look after. I suspect it will be up there.
Thank goodness then. I thought they used to be quicker about that but I guess not.

You know if it were a La Liga game they would’ve already had the replay up as much as they push that league.

Purp

Thank goodness then. I thought they used to be quicker about that but I guess not.

You know if it were a La Liga game they would’ve already had the replay up as much as they push that league.
I'm not sure. I think it just takes them a while. I've had this problem several times.

Chongo94

From the Yorkshire Evening Post…their player ratings on todays game for Leeds:

Brenden Aaronson​

9 - Very tidy, put lots of pressure on Wolves, helped win the ball back for the opener, made the right run to score the second. Fantastic debut.”

Purp

How did I miss Sebastian Lletget to FC Dallas on Wednesday? He's one of my least favorite names to see on Berhalter's team sheet, but he's an excellent MLS midfielder. He should help Pomykal be better and he should mesh quickly with Ferreira and Arriola.

Purp

Holy boat! FCD/Portland with an absolutely insane finish. Hoops should have scored 5, but go to +5 extra time tied at 0. In the 92nd minute Portland is awarded a penalty by VAR for a Hedges handball (extremely harsh call as his elbow was tucked into his ribs and it hit his forearm). Loria took a bad PK and was saved, but quickly slotted the rebound home.

At that point it's 90+6 when play restarts so you figure 3-4 more minutes are left. Dallas gets a corner in the 100th minute and convert with an own goal to draw.

Portland did NOT deserve to win that. Didn't deserve a draw either, but Dallas didn't deserve a win either with all those glorious chances blown. Justice was served. What a wild finish, though.

Chongo94

I saw the angry exchange between managers after the game. No idea what that was all about, but I'd like to know. Wolves looked juvenile.
Well according to Lage, Marsch supposedly said something during the first half that Lage found disrespectful or unprofessional. Marsch attempted to apologize for it at the end but Lage apparently believed that he waited far too long to apologize and should’ve done so far earlier or not even say anything at all.

Something to that effect I believe.

Last edited:

Shorty

Holy boat! FCD/Portland with an absolutely insane finish. Hoops should have scored 5, but go to +5 extra time tied at 0. In the 92nd minute Portland is awarded a penalty by VAR for a Hedges handball (extremely harsh call as his elbow was tucked into his ribs and it hit his forearm). Loria took a bad PK and was saved, but quickly slotted the rebound home.

At that point it's 90+6 when play restarts so you figure 3-4 more minutes are left. Dallas gets a corner in the 100th minute and convert with an own goal to draw.

Portland did NOT deserve to win that. Didn't deserve a draw either, but Dallas didn't deserve a win either with all those glorious chances blown. Justice was served. What a wild finish, though.
I woke up with about 10 minutes left so I caught all the action.

Chongo94

Who was that dumbass who said Haaland would take a while to click in the EPL?

One match, but damn. City have a true No9 now. Scary.
It may have been me ha, can’t remember. I didn’t think he wouldn’t click, just wondered that it would be interesting to see how he went about clicking into that system.

Looks like it won’t be long at all sadly. They really are like a video game super team.

dawg

It may have been me ha, can’t remember. I didn’t think he wouldn’t click, just wondered that it would be interesting to see how he went about clicking into that system.

Looks like it won’t be long at all sadly. They really are like a video game super team.
No it was me; I was that dumbass. That’s why I thought Liverpool would win the league this year, and it looked a decent thought after City looked disjointed up front in the Community Shield. Then Pool draw @ Fullham while City breeze past a good West Ham side with a brace from Haaland. Giving De Bruyne that guy to target… cheat code. His assist on the second goal was sublime.

Portland Frog

I was impressed with Haaland’s speed when he kicked it into gear for such a big dude. Doesn’t bode well for the rest of the EPL if game 1 is any indication.

I remember reading about Larry Bird walking into the locker room before the Allstar game 3 point shooting contest and announcing to all the other participants, “now who in here is planning to finish 2nd?” Of course he went out there and worked them all.

That’s MC right about now.