• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

I pay $5/mo, but there is an ad-free $10 tier. Peacock has enough stuff for the wife that she watches on the reg that, coupled with my EPL addiction, it justifies the cost. Their app or sports streaming is no where near as user fiend it as YTTV, though.
Thanks! I need to dive in to see what their catalog is then.

dawg

The announcers celebrated the goal scorer way more than they should have after that pass. What an exquisite touch with the outside of the boot in full flight with a lunge.
Also looked like the defender steered the ball right into his path. Nice assist on a beautiful through ball.

Purp

Not awful, also far from ideal. Need him healthy and in form.

Saw this earlier today. I'm curious to know how he injured it. Soccer players don't typically get/suffer from shoulder injuries. Wondering if it was weight lifting related, just an awkward tumble after a tackle in training/preseason game, or more off-field shenanigans.

Eight

Saw this earlier today. I'm curious to know how he injured it. Soccer players don't typically get/suffer from shoulder injuries. Wondering if it was weight lifting related, just an awkward tumble after a tackle in training/preseason game, or more off-field shenanigans.

horns once lost their starting quarterback to an ankle injury involving a coed, a staircase, and a frat party and astro fans most likely remember the time jeff kent got hurt "falling off his truck washing it" or the moises alou treadmill debacle

Purp

horns once lost their starting quarterback to an ankle injury involving a coed, a staircase, and a frat party and astro fans most likely remember the time jeff kent got hurt "falling off his truck washing it" or the moises alou treadmill debacle
I just found this. Sounds like it was an incident from training. Only thing that makes sense is a bad fall landing the wrong way. The bigger concern for me is the notion that this could impact his availability in the September international window. If this is a 3 week time table that shouldn't be a problem, but SBI usually has pretty accurate reporting. Hope this is purely speculative right now.

Eight

I just found this. Sounds like it was an incident from training. Only thing that makes sense is a bad fall landing the wrong way. The bigger concern for me is the notion that this could impact his availability in the September international window. If this is a 3 week time table that shouldn't be a problem, but SBI usually has pretty accurate reporting. Hope this is purely speculative right now.

less exciting than the possibilities i had running through my head, but at least he was training

Moose Stuff

There’s a current successful big league pitcher that hurt his shoulder in HS when he fell out of a deer blind while he was scheissing his girlfriend. Took me forever to get him to tell me how it happened and he was worried that I’d hold it against him when he did. I told him it made me like him MORE.

Eight

There’s a current successful big league pitcher that hurt his shoulder in HS when he fell out of a deer blind while he was scheissing his girlfriend. Took me forever to get him to tell me how it happened and he was worried that I’d hold it against him when he did. I told him it made me like him MORE.

that is a great story, far, far better than how lance berkman tore his acl

Chongo94

Went to high school with the former actually….super nice guy. That changed his UT football career sadly.

Chongo94

So near as I can tell, if you don’t have Peacock, the only English language EPL games that will be aired during the entire opening weekend are the first game on Friday, Crystal Palace and Arsenal….and one game Saturday morning, Everton and Chelsea.

What a scheissing joke.

dawg

So near as I can tell, if you don’t have Peacock, the only English language EPL games that will be aired during the entire opening weekend are the first game on Friday, Crystal Palace and Arsenal….and one game Saturday morning, Everton and Chelsea.

What a scheissing joke.
"Let's take the fastest growing sport in the country and place its opening weekend behind a paywall because we need to broadcast [checks notes] The Today Show, women's golf, and swimming."

SMH. I hate NBC, and I say that as someone who actually gets Peacock during the EPL season. They should have the entire day Saturday and Sunday devoted to EPL on both main NBC and USA. Really, really glad they did not get F1's broadcast rights.

Eight

"Let's take the fastest growing sport in the country and place its opening weekend behind a paywall because we need to broadcast [checks notes] The Today Show, women's golf, and swimming."

SMH. I hate NBC, and I say that as someone who actually gets Peacock during the EPL season. They should have the entire day Saturday and Sunday devoted to EPL on both main NBC and USA. Really, really glad they did not get F1's broadcast rights.

you forgot willie geist

Chongo94

Spot on.

If this is how it’s gonna be this season, then I may have to just get Peacock as I was already leaning to doing so. Still, just an absolute joke.