• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

dawg

And Klinsmann’s spat with Donovan in the run up to 2014 was just idiotic. If he is on the end of that chance instead of Wondolowski, we’re in the quarterfinals.

Purp

Figured he’d head back to Spurs.
I think Conte wants younger guys that are a better value over more years. I'd have loved to see Bale back, but he wouldn't have been a regular starter. I'm still holding out hope that McKennie ends up on White Hart Lane, though.

Purp

Not all if I remember correctly, but most.
I don't think most are. Seems like majority are grass. The majority of turf surfaces share NFL stadiums IIRC then a couple others.

Agree with @Moose that artificial surfaces are the worst. Hate them for all sports, but especially soccer and baseball.

Chongo94

I don't think most are. Seems like majority are grass. The majority of turf surfaces share NFL stadiums IIRC then a couple others.

Agree with @Moose that artificial surfaces are the worst. Hate them for all sports, but especially soccer and baseball.
Yeah, apparently it’s just 5 or 6 now, used to be way more but I guess they’ve all slowly gone to grass.

Edit: and a couple play on something called hybrid grass, which I had never heard of before. It’s “natural lawn grass with reinforcing synthetic fibers.”….interesting.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Interesting group of MLS based kids playing on this USMNT U-20 team. Quinn Sullivan, Caden Clark, Cade Cowell, Paxton Aronson….
Is Paxton the little brother of Brendan?…or is his last name spelled differently, can’t remember.

Caden Clark seems to be the buzz name these days.

Purp

Interesting group of MLS based kids playing on this USMNT U-20 team. Quinn Sullivan, Caden Clark, Cade Cowell, Paxton Aronson….
Is there a U-20 game on? Just got back from youth camp with my church so I've been out of the loop. Definitely want to watch these kids.