• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

dawg

They all wear those. They have heart rate monitors, GPS, and all sorts of other tech to track player movements, vitals, and even some advanced statistics.
Yup. That's how we get all those awesome heat maps, etc. Also, after what happened to Erikson at the last Euros, I'd imagine there's some EKG functionality as well.

Purp

Yup. That's how we get all those awesome heat maps, etc. Also, after what happened to Erikson at the last Euros, I'd imagine there's some EKG functionality as well.
Indeed. I'd absolutely hate wearing it, but I see the value for sure. The only redeeming quality about them is reduced nipple chafing on hot days. But even then I'd bet modern jerseys are less caustic given the moisture wicking technology.

Purp

As mixed as my emotions are about Conte's tenure at Spurs I think he'd be a great fit for what we need in the USMNT. His biggest issues are that he's never stayed longer than 3 years (well timed with the end of the current WC cycle), he's fought with management about personnel transfers (non-factor in international football), and he's a notorious hard-arse when it comes to training sessions (2 week international windows won't wear out players like full seasons of rigorous training). His obvious upside is he's won trophies everywhere he's gone (except Spurs, but his rapid turnaround last season proves his quality even in that short stint). I think he'd bring a level of professionalism and accountability that our young squad needs to be exposed to and he'd develop the talent we have unlike anyone else out there. Also, I think our personnel are a great match for his 3-4-3 formation. I don't have any expectations that it will happen and haven't seen any rumors about him yet, but I think he's a good match for our side right now.

Eight

this is going to be a really stupid and inane line of questioning from me which is actually true to form, but here goes.

watching bayern v dortmund and for some reasons i start thinking about all the giant flags in the bayern supporter section

are those things kept at the stadium or do the supporter bring those in? can't believe with the security rules that they would let you bring in a 30 ft metal tube into a densely packed area of people, if so, i want to see the guys on the train coming to the stadium

do you volunteer to do the flags? do you come to seat and find it there like a white-out t-shirt? can see a guy all excited for the match, bier in hand, gets to his seat and son of a [ hundin], i have to do the flag.

oh, for a somewhat real soccer question the thoughts of tuchel taking over at bayern

Last edited:

Eight

now have the comfort of knowing that my question about giant flags will not be the stupidest thing concerning this match

[ What the heck? ] was the dortmund keeper doing?

Eight

hmmm......bayern wearing those red kits, would say that the start of this match looks similar to the cfp championship game and then i remembered this is normal for every time dortmund comes to munich for a "big" match making me ponder is dortmund the texas long horns of the bundesliga?

Chongo94

this is going to be a really stupid and inane line of questioning from me which is actually true to form, but here goes.

watching bayern v dortmund and for some reasons i start thinking about all the giant flags in the bayern supporter section

are those things kept at the stadium or do the supporter bring those in? can't believe with the security rules that they would let you bring in a 30 ft metal tube into a densely packed area of people, if so, i want to see the guys on the training coming to the stadium

do you volunteer to do the flags? do you come to seat and find it there like a white-out t-shirt? can see a guy all excited for the match, bier in hand, gets to his seat and son of a [ hundin], i have to do the flag.

oh, for a somewhat real soccer question the thoughts of tuchel taking over at bayern
Some fan groups get to keep certain items like that at the stadium but I think it basically depends on what the club allows them to do, store, or bring.

Chongo94

I’ve never seen a team scheiss the bed more in the exact same matchup nearly every season than Dortmund whenever they have to play Bayern in a meaningful game. It’s mind-boggling.

Eight

Some fan groups get to keep certain items like that at the stadium but I think it basically depends on what the club allows them to do, store, or bring.

thanks, i realize it is a silly question, but can you imagine being one of flag bearers for the dortmund group knowing you have a 300 mile train trip home with a giant flag who once again [ Finebaum ] the bed

Chongo94

thanks, i realize it is a silly question, but can you imagine being one of flag bearers for the dortmund group knowing you have a 300 mile train trip home with a giant flag who once again [ Finebaum ] the bed
Haha well I also believe others keep storage places close to the stadiums for larger items like that. I always wonder how they get those huge Tifos in when they do those.

Purp

Pretty sure supporters groups for road teams charter their own busses and take their gear with them. I'd imagine those flag poles can be disassembled and reassembled easily for games and stowed under the charter bus for the ride back.

dawg

Rogers out at Leicester and Potter sacked at Chelsea. Leicester have been sleepwalking toward relegation; Maddison is three weeks from calling the possibility “rubbish.” Not so rubbish anymore now that they’re 19th.

Potter seemed an odd fit for Chelsea, and 11th isn’t what Bohley thought injecting £600m+ would get him.