• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Brian McBride is apparently out as General Manager of the USMNT. I can’t tell if it was of his own volition or if he was dismissed. I’m guessing it’s probably the latter.

Berhalter is also apparently still undergoing a “review” according to Earnie Stewart.
I think we need to get all the former players out of the organization after this Berhalter/Reyna kerfuffle. With that many people closely tied to both sides of an altercation nobody can win.

Purp

Great article…

Just read this. Basically made the same point I made. And even used the word kerfuffle. This was, indeed, a good read.

Chongo94

I think we need to get all the former players out of the organization after this Berhalter/Reyna kerfuffle. With that many people closely tied to both sides of an altercation nobody can win.
Yeah, as much as I love that generation of players, I think they’re a bit too close to things with too many incestuous relations throughout the hierarchy to have better leadership with everything.

Purp

Yeah, as much as I love that generation of players, I think they’re a bit too close to things with too many incestuous relations throughout the hierarchy to have better leadership with everything.
I've seen the point made about the NJ/NY influence too. With all the talent in California, Texas, etc. we should have plenty of new blood to reinvigorate the program.

Purp

Had himself a match, too.

He definitely looked very solid in the collective 30ish minutes I saw of the match. I'd add to this stat sheet that he defended a lot of areas you wouldn't ordinarily expect a center back to get to. Sorta like a SS in baseball who makes more errors than his peers, but his range is so wide he gets to way more balls than his peers creating more chances for a few more errors. You'd probably rather have that SS. Well Richards covered a ton of ground and didn't make a single error. Damn impressive.

dawg

Juventus docked 15 points for "cooking the books." Sends them from third (10 points off Napoli) to tenth.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles