• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

dawg

@Chongo94

Premier League Football GIF by MolaTV

Purp

ARSEnal are playing at an elite level right now. Had they qualified for UCL they'd be my favorite to win it. I'm gonna have to ratchet up my Gunners hate again. At least it's not City again.

dawg

ARSEnal are playing at an elite level right now. Had they qualified for UCL they'd be my favorite to win it. I'm gonna have to ratchet up my Gunners hate again. At least it's not City again.

If someone would’ve offered me two points from Spurs and Liverpool two weeks ago, I’d have taken it. We're still a long ways off City and the elite of Europe (Madrid, Bayern, etc); it’s still insane to me that City can sell two of their starting XI, both age 25, who played most of their vital matches last last year, and improve.

We seem in a good place right now, and Arteta has the players playing to their individual strengths within a system. The proverbial “light at the end of the tunnel” seems much brighter. Still far too error-prone at the back and a lack of depth will bite at some point this year, and I’d consider top 4 a successful season (well, that and Utd finishing 5th or lower). This team is fun to watch, though.

Purp

If someone would’ve offered me two points from Spurs and Liverpool two weeks ago, I’d have taken it. We're still a long ways off City and the elite of Europe (Madrid, Bayern, etc); it’s still insane to me that City can sell two of their starting XI, both age 25, who played most of their vital matches last last year, and improve.

We seem in a good place right now, and Arteta has the players playing to their individual strengths within a system. The proverbial “light at the end of the tunnel” seems much brighter. Still far too error-prone at the back and a lack of depth will bite at some point this year, and I’d consider top 4 a successful season (well, that and Utd finishing 5th or lower). This team is fun to watch, though.
I don't consider Bayern as elite as you do. They've been very vulnerable this season. Were Dortmund not assaulted by the injury bug they may have a pretty deep hole to dig out of. They've only won 1 of their last 5 league matches and lost to darning Augsburg for cryin' out loud.

Madrid are certainly elite as are City, but I feel like both have similar weaknesses to your gunners. I think all have susceptible back lines. I think City will be worked over by the WC. Haaland won't play, but pretty much their entire roster aside from him will be in Qatar. They will have injury issues and tired legs after the winter break. I see this year as one for them to be looking up at someone at the end of the season.

Eight

Liverpool really are a completely different animal at Anfield. One of the strongest home field advantages in world sport.

pales in comparison to the kyle field home field advantage, not just anyone can stroll into bryan college station and come out with win

Purp

Just read that McKennie to Spurs rumors are heating up again for January. I've been wishing this would happen for a whole year. Please let it be so.

Latest posts