• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Moose Stuff

Assume the Pefok omission is related to his injury. Otherwise it’s a really solid group and arguably the most talented roster we’ve ever called in. Need Weah and Robinson to get healthy.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Pefok’s absence apparently not at all injury related. I really hope they’re just trying to get a look at Pepi (and comfortable with Pefok) because Pefok 10000% deserves to be at the WC more than Pepi does.

Purp

Pefok’s absence apparently not at all injury related. I really hope they’re just trying to get a look at Pepi (and comfortable with Pefok) because Pefok 10000% deserves to be at the WC more than Pepi does.
Lots going on today. Good to see Gio get the start against City. Too bad they made the late comeback. Haaland is unreal.

Agree that Pefok being left out is upsetting. I'd rather he be there than Pepi. For me, Pepi has played his way out of Qatar by now. Also agree on getting Jedi and Weah healthy.

I'm flying out Sunday to Dusseldorf for a trade show. The game against Japan is there on Friday. We fly back Thursday. Wish it were delayed a couple days. Would be cool to see that one live. Maybe I can get down to Koln for a training session if they have something open to the public. It's a short train ride away.

Purp

You guys see the Haaland goal? I mean, just wow...

He’s operating at an insane level right now. Cross, with the outside of the boot, was pretty sick as well.

I hate City so much. They should have to pay Dortmund $1 billion for highway robbery.

Purp

Sarge scored again yesterday. That's 6 goals in his last 6 games IIRC. I really hope he comes into this window and lights up the score sheet. It would be huge for his confidence and for the progress of our side.

Last edited:

Purp

Berhalter really pisses me off with stuff like this. Some of the language in these comments sounds like the stuff he's said about Brooks over the last year. "We know what he can do." "We know his profile." "We want guys in camp who fit what we're trying to do."

He's maybe your most in-form striker (Sarge making a compelling case too) and this is your last window to evaluate your side before Qatar. He absolutely HAS to be in this camp if you're planning to take your most dangerous group to the World Cup. And does anybody think Pepi is going to do what Pefok is doing right now? Does anybody think Pefok can't do what Pepi is doing right now? I'm sorry, but this has me irate. Yesterday I was thinking he'd pretty well concluded Pefok had already punched his ticket. After reading this I'm thinking he's already ruled Pefok out. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Purp

Berhalter really pisses me off with stuff like this. Some of the language in these comments sounds like the stuff he's said about Brooks over the last year. "We know what he can do." "We know his profile." "We want guys in camp who fit what we're trying to do."

He's maybe your most in-form striker (Sarge making a compelling case too) and this is your last window to evaluate your side before Qatar. He absolutely HAS to be in this camp if you're planning to take your most dangerous group to the World Cup. And does anybody think Pepi is going to do what Pefok is doing right now? Does anybody think Pefok can't do what Pepi is doing right now? I'm sorry, but this has me irate. Yesterday I was thinking he'd pretty well concluded Pefok had already punched his ticket. After reading this I'm thinking he's already ruled Pefok out. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Here's another quote from Berhalter about Pepi that pisses me off.

"Keep in mind this is a guy that scored three goals for us in World Cup qualifying and has had a tough time since then," Berhalter said. "We're trying to get him confidence. We're trying to get him into the group and see if he can make a push for the final roster. That's TBD right now."

He's been saying for a year ad nauseum that the strikers going to Qatar will be the ones in the best form. That Pepi is still on his radar for Qatar is mind blowing. I appreciate that you want to get him some confidence, but the last international window in a compressed lead-up to the World Cup isn't the time for that. Considering the fact that camp will be 4 days long before the opener against Wales there's no time to try to get someone confidence.

Pefok has to be in this squad. Honestly, I'd have dropped Arriola and Pepi and brought in Pefok and Haji Wright/Vazquez. You know what you're getting from Arriola and, if Weah, Gio, CP, and Aaronson are all healthy, he's not even going anyway. Bring in these strikers for another look. I'm really hopeful for Qatar b/c we've got so much talent and I'm an optimist, but every time I think about Berhalter leading this group to Qatar I get my expectations in check all over again.

Purp

Pretty meh IMO. I assume Berhalter made them.

I really kinda like the whites. I prefer the more simple, classic look and the whites pull it off. I'd really love them if they went to the old crest and moved it over the heart instead of the central position.

The blue ones look like Nike took a classic navy kit and sprayed a Sonic route 44 ocean water diarrhea on it. I have to wonder how enough people at Nike thought that looked good to actually make it into production. It's truly awful. Much worse than the current zig-zag pattern we're sporting now. At least those have some red in them.

And that's my biggest beef of all. Bring back the darning red kits!

/rant

dawg

scheissing Berhalter….

Hopefully he’s gone by 2024 and we get a legit manager in for the 2026 WC cycle.

Pretty meh IMO. I assume Berhalter made them.

Very meh. Last kit was very nice; this one not so much.

Moose Stuff

I really kinda like the whites. I prefer the more simple, classic look and the whites pull it off. I'd really love them if they went to the old crest and moved it over the heart instead of the central position.

The blue ones look like Nike took a classic navy kit and sprayed a Sonic route 44 ocean water diarrhea on it. I have to wonder how enough people at Nike thought that looked good to actually make it into production. It's truly awful. Much worse than the current zig-zag pattern we're sporting now. At least those have some red in them.

And that's my biggest beef of all. Bring back the darning red kits!

/rant
I don’t like the fit of them either. Sleeves are too long and need to be more form fitting.