• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Not a surprise, but good to see this go through. Interesting that Aaronson is valued 67% more than Adams. I think those valuations are inverted and Leeds are getting a real bargain here. Excited to follow Leeds this fall.

Apparently their value is comparable. Just saw the Adams deal could be worth up to 23MM euros. But apparently the Aaronson deal is worth up to 28MM euros. Still seems like a great deal for Leeds.

Purp

Good for Luca. Hopefully he stays on the same trajectory he's been on. This will be a big challenge for him, but one I feel his skill set is well suited for. Anxious to see how he does.

Purp

Tillman from Bayern to Rangers on loan with option to buy. Seems odd unless Bayern had low expectations for him. He should play a lot, though.

Eight

Speaking of German stuff. The second Bundesliga season kicked off today. Should be able to see the matches on espn plus I think.

any young americans worth watching for? that league has seemed to be a good proving ground for us talent that last 5-10 years

Chongo94

any young americans worth watching for? that league has seemed to be a good proving ground for us talent that last 5-10 years
Well Tim Tillman plays for Furth along with the getting older now Julian Green. And George Bello plays for Bielifield.

Terrance Boyd plays for Kaiserslautern.

I’m sure I may have missed some others. Not a great list it would seem but the atmosphere of the games in general should be decent.

Eight

Well Tim Tillman plays for Furth along with the getting older now Julian Green. And George Bello plays for Bielifield.

Terrance Boyd plays for Kaiserslautern.

I’m sure I may have missed some others. Not a great list it would seem but the atmosphere of the games in general should be decent.

holy cow, i forgot about julian green, seems like a very, very long time ago since this moment

Purp

holy cow, i forgot about julian green, seems like a very, very long time ago since this moment

He was playing really well last year for a long stretch that got Furth promoted and I thought he'd get a call-up. He's still pretty young. After Furth were historically terribad last season I'm not sure we'll see him again.

Eight

He was playing really well last year for a long stretch that got Furth promoted and I thought he'd get a call-up. He's still pretty young. After Furth were historically terribad last season I'm not sure we'll see him again.

thanks for the info, man, is it just my bourbon soaked memory or did it seem like the us has a cluster of guys who just seemed on the verge of doing something big and then poof.....and i am not talking about freddy but guys like julian, benny, etc....

Purp

thanks for the info, man, is it just my bourbon soaked memory or did it seem like the us has a cluster of guys who just seemed on the verge of doing something big and then poof.....and i am not talking about freddy but guys like julian, benny, etc....
Yeah, I think we've always had those guys. Some like Stu Holden, Bobby Convey, Charlie Davies, Oguchi Onyewu, Kenny Cooper, and a name that escapes me (was going to be our starting left back in Germany 2006 and got injured before the tournament) suffered injuries that stifled their careers. That said, we've had way too many like Eddie Johnson, Juan Agudelo, Benny Feilhaber, Alejandro Bedoya, Brek Shea, and others never reach their full potential. Julian Green definitely fits that mold.

Purp

I like this move for Richards. Crystal Palace will get him more minutes in what is probably the toughest league to defend. He should be positioned very well for the World Cup if this pans out.

Purp

Looks like Berhalter is finally being candid about Brooks. It's a little concerning that he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Training camps have already started and I haven't even heard any rumors about where he'll end up. Smells like an MLS situation if something doesn't happen quickly.

Purp

Also hear a rumor that Weah to Valencia may happen. That would be sweet to have Musah and Timmy on the same club squad. I'd have to go out of my way to watch some of those matches.