• The KillerFrogs

2022-2023 Basketball - What is in store?

PurpleBlood87

Outside of Lampkin we were 18-20. So really boiled down to him being better
He really needs to improve shooting free throws because he's going to get fouled a lot in the paint.

Also, would hurt to work on his shot from the field just beyond the free throw line.
Plenty of times when he had the ball there to run a play he was unguarded.
He took that shot against Arizona and luckily banked it in.

Anybody know if there is any interest between transfer Nijel Pack and TCU? He shot 44% from three and 85% from the line last year at Kansas State. He is a short point, 6 feet, but does play defense. Maybe there are not enough minutes for Miles, Baugh and Pack, all trying to prove themselves to be pro point guards.

“South Florida billionaire John Ruiz knows he is at the center of the latest NIL splash and a person everyone loves to hate.

Ten days ago, his latest move drew intense scrutiny. Using his own Twitter account, he announced the University of Miami received a commitment from Kansas State transfer guard Nijel Pack and that he, Ruiz, signed the hoops star to a two-year deal for $400,000 a year. Pack will endorse Ruiz’s two companies, LifeWallet, a healthcare application, and the Cigarette (boat) Racing Team.”

Here is the updated Jon Rothstein 2022-23 ranking with rosters (Starting 5, Bench, Key Losses and Newcomers). He has TCU at #10—I think that is optimistic and am simply pleased that TCU is a Top 25 team. Houston, Baylor, Kansas and Texas are #3, #7, #9 and #12, respectively. Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma at #33, #40 and #42.

I am surprised that Rondel Walker decided to come to TCU now that Damion Baugh has changed his mind and is back.

Creighton is #2, wow! I had missed or already forgotten that Farabello joined former TCU assistant coach, Ryan Miller, at Creighton.

Last edited:

Big Frog II

Here is the updated Jon Rothstein 2022-23 ranking with rosters and their changes. He has TCU at #10—I think that is optimistic and am just pleased that TCU is a Top 25 team. Houston, Baylor, Kansas and Texas are #3, #7, #9 and #12, respectively. Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma at #33, #40 and #42.

I am surprised that Rondel Walker decided on TCU now that Damion Baugh has changed his mind.

Creighton is #2, wow! I had missed or already forgotten that Farabello joined former TCU assistant coach, Ryan Miller, at Creighton.
Conference play again is going to be brutal regardless how good you are.