• The KillerFrogs

ticketfrog123

Since I did not get the e-mail about the renewal by April 17th I went to see my e-mail subscriptions to determine why. I get lots of TCU Athletics e-mail so that was strange to me. Apparently I'm not subscribed to anything and ineligible to subscribe to anything. Can that be right?

I checked and it doesn't give me the option to renew for football in my account either, which is also bizarre. Has that not opened yet? Since i didn't get the e-mail maybe I just don't know the date that starts and am too early.

View attachment 8827

last time I checked there was no renewal option in my season ticket account for football

The emails referencing April 17 ticket renewal process are from April 9 (“Tell Us What you Think” aka survey) and April 10 (“In One Week we return”)

At this point, if you did not receive either email (from a “fan-one” dot com address) I would call the frog club to make sure you’re still on the renewal list out of an abundance of caution

Endless Purple

I don't think there will be a significant drop by fans, because I think the stadiums will all be 100% by fall 2022 if not this year. They will want to keep their seats for the next many years. You may see an increase on stubhub by some that won't go, but do not want to lose their seats.

On the plus side, you may see some resellers drop some seats if the resale market has a low forecast. Maybe, but small chance to allow some to improve their seats.

My thoughts: I expect to be at 100% this fall.

RoyaltyWorePurple

the background is helpful. I believe things have changed somewhat recently.

I share a similar feeling with not wanting many marketing emails not related to football. I turned off the marketing emails in a preferences section — so I only receive football season ticket emails + monthly “Desk of ADJD” emails (which you can also turn off)

Here’s my total emails from “TCU Football” during last 12 months:

(5): TCU football deadline extension during Covid-19 in 2020
(12): 1x monthly #ADJD emails since I opted in to this and like the format / summary info

This year I’ve only got 2 emails from TCU football and that was about the process starting on April 17 + the sweepstakes for renewing on April 17.

let me know if you change your mind and would like help finding the marketing preferences settings
Since I did not get the e-mail about the renewal by April 17th I went to see my e-mail subscriptions to determine why. I get lots of TCU Athletics e-mail so that was strange to me. Apparently I'm not subscribed to anything and ineligible to subscribe to anything. Can that be right?

I checked and it doesn't give me the option to renew for football in my account either, which is also bizarre. Has that not opened yet? Since i didn't get the e-mail maybe I just don't know the date that starts and am too early.

View attachment 8827
I'm in the same boat as you Purp! Will you let me know how you remedy your situation if you can? I have an email into the ticket office.

ticketfrog123

I'm in the same boat as you Purp! Will you let me know how you remedy your situation if you can? I have an email into the ticket office.

I tend to call the ticket office, emails to them always result in a follow up call for me unless it’s a simple yes/no or confirmation type item

searching for this might help:

emails referencing April 17 ticket renewal process are from April 9 (“Tell Us What you Think” aka survey) and April 10 (“In One Week we return”)

Dogfrog

I opted out in 20 but deferred payment to 21. A few months ago I checked my account and they referenced my 2020 payment as “prepaid”. Checked again today and there was no reference to 21 prepayment I could find. Called the ticket office and they checked by acct number to confirm I am prepaid for 21 and an email goes out Saturday. So at 100% assume I get my old ticket location. At partial capacity assume another selection process.

RoyaltyWorePurple

I tend to call the ticket office, emails to them always result in a follow up call for me unless it’s a simple yes/no or confirmation type item

searching for this might help:

emails referencing April 17 ticket renewal process are from April 9 (“Tell Us What you Think” aka survey) and April 10 (“In One Week we return”)
Thanks. Called- turns out it may be an issue with the FrogClub email. The ticket office has officially not sent anything related to renewals. I'll be calling the FrogClub next to figure out if there is something off with my email.

Purp

last time I checked there was no renewal option in my season ticket account for football

The emails referencing April 17 ticket renewal process are from April 9 (“Tell Us What you Think” aka survey) and April 10 (“In One Week we return”)

At this point, if you did not receive either email (from a “fan-one” dot com address) I would call the frog club to make sure you’re still on the renewal list out of an abundance of caution
I did get the survey e-mail. After looking at it again I just missed the note about renewals opening up that day. I also got the April 10 e-mail; I just deleted it before reading. I found both in my trash folder. All good here.

RoyaltyWorePurple

Thanks. Called- turns out it may be an issue with the FrogClub email. The ticket office has officially not sent anything related to renewals. I'll be calling the FrogClub next to figure out if there is something off with my email.
Last one, I promise. I was (either by myself or someone else) opted OUT of several forms of communication. Pulled up an old email, and was able to change the setting by clicking on the bottom area of "Edit which communications you would like to receive by clicking here" (with clicking here being a hyperlink to my account preferences.). Should be good now!

Well Zebra, now that you are retired and have more time, maybe you could hang out at some of the tailgates that people on here have. I'm sure you would be welcome at all of them. Um. well, at least the first time!
Thanks for the invitation. :)
Since the wife and I are getting up there in age, by the time we drive over, catch the shuttle, and get to the stadium, there isn't a lot of time left to socialize. And, I will admit, getting to the stadium 2 hours in advance for the past 15 years has been habit forming. I like getting in my seat early to watch warmups, how the officials act/prepare, etc. Walking a lot becomes painful for both of us. I don't drink at the game, and a last-minute rush to get to my seats just don't do much for me.
However, you never know, I may just want to try and come early one of these days, and if I do, I will send you a PM to find out where you are and meet you for a Coke Zero if you have it.

tcumaniac

Well sure, the price per game is the same. Did you specifically ask if they are throwing in the extra home game for free?
if this is true, then maybe you should replace Donati as AD.

Doubtful, sporting events have always been on a per ticket price (mini-plans, etc) — this is not a buffet where the offering changes but the price stays the same
So TCU should not charge for all seven games?

Did you get your TCU degree in Playground Management?
I mean, we could just wait 2 weeks to see the renewal.

scheiss it, let’s keep the pissing match going.

Just wanted to shamelessly point out that ticket prices remained the same.

ticketfrog123

Fair enough. And same. What the hell was up with that 24-48 hours part.

it sounded like it was to discourage listing tickets on stub hub (you need ticket pics to list I think) which is incredibly unfair for those of us that live outside DFW.

can you use your TCU maniac hotline to pressure them into giving us our $30 back?

my previous delivery fees were $2 according to my account history

HFrog1999

it sounded like it was to discourage listing tickets on stub hub (you need ticket pics to list I think) which is incredibly unfair for those of us that live outside DFW.

can you use your TCU maniac hotline to pressure them into giving us our $30 back?

my previous delivery fees were $2 according to my account history

TCU has made it easy to list tickets on Stubhub in the past through a direct link in the ticket website. Has that changed?