• The KillerFrogs

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I thought about doing the same thing, but didn't want them to have any ammo to say "some people still aren't even comfortable with 25%." Not that it'll ultimately matter. Comfort level at 100% is really the only relevant data point.
Same here. Once I said 100% that was it.

netty2424

While my brain agrees with you, my heart is still wanting to believe that we're going 15-0 and by the Texas game on October 2nd, we'll be playing in front of a sold out house every week.
I can certainly appreciate this!

I’ll never not be a fan of TCU sports, but it’s becoming tougher and tougher to get excited.

Hopeful that we get off to a good start this season and carry it into conference play. I could certainly use a spark.

ticketfrog123

This will be helpful. I have not received an email on it in years. So this forum acts like my news service for ticket renewals.

I am assuming those of us that just transferred payment from last year to this year, will not be looking at a bill.

i would call the ticket office to confirm they have your correct email.

The upgrade process (and renewals) are mostly communicated via e-mail

Endless Purple

i would call the ticket office to confirm they have your correct email.

The upgrade process (and renewals) are mostly communicated via e-mail
It is not that they do not have it, but about proper ways to treat customers.

This is the only place I do business with that I was told I have to receive the marketing emails if I want the business emails. I was told I had to block my address completely if I did not want the flood of weekly emails and updates on all sports. Utterly stupid to not be able to have a separate email system for the business of ticket sales that is not linked to the marketing list.

I live over 4 hours away, and I have no desire to have to dig through more irrelevant emails than spammers already flood out. I wont be coming for a short volleyball game or basketball or soccer game. Not that I don't wish the teams well, but again a looong drive.

Thus, I have to read postings here and log into my account once in awhile.

tcumaniac

I got an email from TCU yesterday with some cool incentives if you renew this coming Saturday the 17th.

If you renew on Saturday you get entered into a drawing for things like: an authentic helmet/ jersey, seats in the AD suite for a game, club seats for a game, a pre game sideline pass, fast pass to cut the line for the spring sale, and a coveted chance to be 1st on the list for upgrading football seat location.

ticketfrog123

This is the only place I do business with that I was told I have to receive the marketing emails if I want the business emails. I was told I had to block my address completely if I did not want the flood of weekly emails and updates on all sports. Utterly stupid to not be able to have a separate email system for the business of ticket sales that is not linked to the marketing list.

I live over 4 hours away, and I have no desire to have to dig through more irrelevant emails than spammers already flood out. I wont be coming for a short volleyball game or basketball or soccer game. Not that I don't wish the teams well, but again a looong drive.

the background is helpful. I believe things have changed somewhat recently.

I share a similar feeling with not wanting many marketing emails not related to football. I turned off the marketing emails in a preferences section — so I only receive football season ticket emails + monthly “Desk of ADJD” emails (which you can also turn off)

Here’s my total emails from “TCU Football” during last 12 months:

(5): TCU football deadline extension during Covid-19 in 2020
(12): 1x monthly #ADJD emails since I opted in to this and like the format / summary info

This year I’ve only got 2 emails from TCU football and that was about the process starting on April 17 + the sweepstakes for renewing on April 17.

let me know if you change your mind and would like help finding the marketing preferences settings

flyfishingfrog

I don’t get a flood of emails from TCU so guessing you might be over imagining how much marketing they do

McFroggin

I understand my opinion isn’t a popular one but oh well. Football should be at 50%. I don’t mind arguing the other side. We are at 20% vaccination still in the midst of a global pandemic. We will feel the effects for years to come. My medical practice has never been busier, and that isn’t something to be excited about. Living in Houston, I struggled to find friends interested in attending the Minute Maid classic with me despite open air, minimal attendance, and me paying. My group had 10ft+ of distance there and it wasn’t even hard to find. Many friends are not eating out or attending public events yet. My son’s boy scout events outside are still in masks. I lectured a local Girl Scout troop and 50% are still only online. Doing hands-on first aid training via Zoom isn’t as fun for the kids. We are invited more and more on trips with friends to the beach, outdoor zoos, pool parties, etc. There has been a hard shift on the type of fun.

My friends are transitioning their enjoyment to hiking, fishing, and other outdoor events. They aren’t watching nearly as much sports on television. People are more interested in getting a lake house or buying many acres for outdoor fun.

While I enjoy TCU football live, I greatly anticipate others’ lack of enthusiasm. Live sports won’t be the same. At 50% attendance in a few months, I would hope that we can coax people out of their bubbles and regrow interest over time.

I don’t expect TCU to hold to 50% though. It comes down to $$. Myself and friends are likely to drop 50% of our tickets if TCU goes to full capacity. Our poor on-field performance was already making it harder to find interested peers to fill my seats in recent years. This isn’t a shock as our attendance across the board has been worse lately even before the pandemic. Convincing friends into a packed seating area to see Kansas St is just not going to happen. I’d need to move my seats to a worse location to space out.

If TCU goes to 100%, I expect TCU season tickets to drop to 75% or less of what it was in 2019. The net effect will be reduced attendance regardless of what TCU does with the exception of UT/OU.

Eight

I understand my opinion isn’t a popular one but oh well. Football should be at 50%. I don’t mind arguing the other side. We are at 20% vaccination still in the midst of a global pandemic. We will feel the effects for years to come. My medical practice has never been busier, and that isn’t something to be excited about. Living in Houston, I struggled to find friends interested in attending the Minute Maid classic with me despite open air, minimal attendance, and me paying. My group had 10ft+ of distance there and it wasn’t even hard to find. Many friends are not eating out or attending public events yet. My son’s boy scout events outside are still in masks. I lectured a local Girl Scout troop and 50% are still only online. Doing hands-on first aid training via Zoom isn’t as fun for the kids. We are invited more and more on trips with friends to the beach, outdoor zoos, pool parties, etc. There has been a hard shift on the type of fun.

My friends are transitioning their enjoyment to hiking, fishing, and other outdoor events. They aren’t watching nearly as much sports on television. People are more interested in getting a lake house or buying many acres for outdoor fun.

While I enjoy TCU football live, I greatly anticipate others’ lack of enthusiasm. Live sports won’t be the same. At 50% attendance in a few months, I would hope that we can coax people out of their bubbles and regrow interest over time.

I don’t expect TCU to hold to 50% though. It comes down to $$. Myself and friends are likely to drop 50% of our tickets if TCU goes to full capacity. Our poor on-field performance was already making it harder to find interested peers to fill my seats in recent years. This isn’t a shock as our attendance across the board has been worse lately even before the pandemic. Convincing friends into a packed seating area to see Kansas St is just not going to happen. I’d need to move my seats to a worse location to space out.

If TCU goes to 100%, I expect TCU season tickets to drop to 75% or less of what it was in 2019. The net effect will be reduced attendance regardless of what TCU does with the exception of UT/OU.

trying to understand if your are saying tcu shouldn't go to 100% projected capacity because people just aren't going to buy the tickets out of a lack of interest or concerns over covid?

ticketfrog123

trying to understand if your are saying tcu shouldn't go to 100% projected capacity because people just aren't going to buy the tickets out of a lack of interest or concerns over covid?

I think he’s saying both will contribute to lower attendance next year, which is fair and basically the intent of the season ticket holder survey that went out last week

East Coast

Tier 1
I'm delayed my tickets to this year. 2021 will be the first time in 15 years I will be able to attend every game (retired from football). I don't care if we are at 100% or not, if I can go I am. And tailgating is not high on my priority list as I never do it.
Well Zebra, now that you are retired and have more time, maybe you could hang out at some of the tailgates that people on here have. I'm sure you would be welcome at all of them. Um. well, at least the first time!

tcumaniac

I feel like you and I are literally living in two completely different worlds.

Purp

the background is helpful. I believe things have changed somewhat recently.

I share a similar feeling with not wanting many marketing emails not related to football. I turned off the marketing emails in a preferences section — so I only receive football season ticket emails + monthly “Desk of ADJD” emails (which you can also turn off)

Here’s my total emails from “TCU Football” during last 12 months:

(5): TCU football deadline extension during Covid-19 in 2020
(12): 1x monthly #ADJD emails since I opted in to this and like the format / summary info

This year I’ve only got 2 emails from TCU football and that was about the process starting on April 17 + the sweepstakes for renewing on April 17.

let me know if you change your mind and would like help finding the marketing preferences settings
Since I did not get the e-mail about the renewal by April 17th I went to see my e-mail subscriptions to determine why. I get lots of TCU Athletics e-mail so that was strange to me. Apparently I'm not subscribed to anything and ineligible to subscribe to anything. Can that be right?

I checked and it doesn't give me the option to renew for football in my account either, which is also bizarre. Has that not opened yet? Since i didn't get the e-mail maybe I just don't know the date that starts and am too early.

upload_2021-4-12_10-26-45.png

flyfishingfrog

I feel like you and I are literally living in two completely different worlds.
me too - I was in a shooting event this weekend at Defender that involved 2 100 round/12 station courses plus a super sport section - so basically 30 stations over 8 hours with hundreds of shooters, throwers at each station, counters at many, administrators, etc. - and not a single mask was worn between any of them.

There is no one but the school employees wearing them at my grandson's baseball games or lacrosse matches.

When I have gotten gas, I have noticed about 50/50 on people in the convenience store wearing them.

I think the people who still support restrictions see the masks and the people who are tired of it see the others who agree with them.

If you visit businesses that require them - you will see them. If you go to ones that don't have a sign requiring it - you see many people without a mask.

The school is going to have a decrease in season tickets over pre-pandemic levels regardless of the decision. As everyone has said - the poor performance would reduce some plus the addition of the east side club seating. But beyond that - if you put in restrictions some people won't renew and if you have no restrictions a different group won't renew.

It all comes down to what type of virtue signaling VBo wants to do since we all know based on last year in football and this year in basketball and baseball - they won't actually limit the student attendance levels really nor keep people from sitting wherever they want once inside - so any decision to restrict is just for show.