• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

Not really recruiting but Patterson hired two new analysts which have history with him and the staff, one on each side of the ball.

Eric Buchanan defensive analyst-former DB at TCU under Patterson and was a GA in 2015 working with STs and DBs. Has coached DBs, STs and RBs at Iowa Western and Lamar.

Tim Beck offensive analyst - spent 33 years as an assistant and then HC at Pittsburg State until last December. Originally hired by coach Fran and has coached with both CGP and Jerry Kill. Went 82-35 as HC. As OC under Chuck Broyles in 2004 PittSt broke a 118-year-old scoring record, tallying 837 points (55.8 ppg), setting NCAA all-division records for rushing yards (5,320) and total offensive yards (8,976).

Was just reading about Beck on the other board yesterday. That's an interesting one .

Eight

Which Power 5 team’s current 2021 recruiting results (good or bad) is the biggest surprise to you? — Jeff L.

Well, this is a mailbag, so let’s just do both.

The most surprising class, on a positive note, is Oregon

Now for the not-so-fun part: picking the most surprisingly bad class. Right now, TCU has only seven verbal commitments, and its class is rated No. 109 nationally. The ranking is appalling, for sure, but that’s because the number of commits is so low. The reason for my surprise? The Horned Frogs had some strong recruiting momentum, especially after landing five-star running back Zachary Evans to cap off the 2020 cycle, which brought their class up to No. 24 nationally. Also, take into account that visits have been nixed because of COVID-19, and you’d think TCU, which is located in a very talent-rich area, would benefit from prospects being close and familiar.

There are reasons not to panic. TCU doesn’t have a lot of seniors, so this isn’t going to be a big recruiting class. I get it. But right now, the Horned Frogs have only one commitment who ranks in the top 500 nationally, and we’re getting dangerously close to the early signing period. The No. 109 overall class in 2021? That’s bad

why the scheiss would i want to pay for that horsehit?

seriously, he acknowledges that class rankings are driven by numbers and that tcu has very few senionrs, but because the frogs picked up evans we now can land whatever recruit we want and that is worth my money?

oh, also the surprise of oregon is damn near equally as stupid

LOTT is a TE all the way ladies !!

He ain’t a OT or OG so you can forget that right now. And he ain’t a DE.

TE was a 5 alarm fire to tend to for this recruiting year. TE recruiting has suffered fail after fail after fail in past few years of recruiting class attempts to get one, so LOTT was a HUGE get for this years class.

Frogs desperately need an underclassman TE w/ LYNN and WELLS as upperclassmen.

Staff is absolutely thrilled with him because he not only blocks great as a TE but he also has Great hands........and.......great size for a TE.

His Dad is the strength Coach for some Pac12 school and LOTT is really strong and conditioned already because of his Dad.

TE was the biggest glaring need for this class and it’s filled now. Staff still wants another big time TE just like LOTT in next years class.

I suppose if he totally lays an egg at TE they would try him at another position but that won’t happen and staff wants him at TE only.

He will be an exceptional TE ala SHARP, BLACKWELL, and SHEA REAGAN. KILL plans to use TEs in new offense in classical way as those 3 past great TEs were used.

Now you MACAROONS know.

M
TE or OT. I guess we will have to wait for Wyoming Frog to inform us MACAROONS

Froggish

He was surprisingly released (he officially resigned) in December after so much success there. A few down years at the end but still above .500.

Very innovative on the offense though he was a defender when he played.

Most his innovation was in run game concepts. Funny thing is if you watch Football X&Os close enough, you’ll see that schemes have come full circle and most strides are being made in the run game right now. If I know anything it’s that we need to throw some spice on our dated zone run game. He’s good for us.