• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

McFroggin

Hopefully soon but numbers are tight.

Right now class estimated about 16, but 14 actual spots currently.

6 commits so 8 slots unfilled:

on the verge: Belton, Evans and Kelley?

So 5 left?

Needs: FWIW I think Center is one of the biggest needs, others
TE (1) ???
DE (1) Watson?
LB (1)
S (1)
CB (1)

expect 20+

CryptoMiner

Recruited as ATH (Slot or S) Class of 2021

Noah Schmidt RB/SS 5-11/185 Chandler Hamilton (AZ) played at Aurora Co Grandview first 3 years of HS, ran for 1,815 yards and 16 touchdowns last season. Now with 2022 QB Nicco Marchiol who has a TCU offer (and many others).

froginmn

What does anyone know about him as a) a baseball player and b) a potential two sport athlete? Is he strictly a baseball player in college?

Eight

What does anyone know about him as a) a baseball player and b) a potential two sport athlete? Is he strictly a baseball player in college?

good friend from church has a grand son who has played football and baseball at woodlands christian and recently graduated.

the league they play in is tougher in baseball than football when comparing it to surrounding levels of talent, but there is some talent and i know some good baseball players have come through that program.

Eight

what i was told is first and foremost a very good kid from a very good family. father is pastor at woodforest umc .

long frame and just starting to grow into his body in terms of strength etc...... my friend doesn't think he would want to play two sports and not sure if he runs that well to play receiver at a p5 school.

they were expecting big things from him this year in baseball and they thought they might have a state champion squad until the covid.

he apparently can reach 92 on a regular basis and anything beyond that is more than my contact can tell you about his pitches etc....

i was told this is definitely a tcu type kid

Froggish

TCU and Fitch are going hard at Savion Byrd. No doubt trying to put some fear in Samples and the Pony crowd who think they have on low key lock.

Moose Stuff

what i was told is first and foremost a very good kid from a very good family. father is pastor at woodforest umc .

long frame and just starting to grow into his body in terms of strength etc...... my friend doesn't think he would want to play two sports and not sure if he runs that well to play receiver at a p5 school.

they were expecting big things from him this year in baseball and they thought they might have a state champion squad until the covid.

he apparently can reach 92 on a regular basis and anything beyond that is more than my contact can tell you about his pitches etc....

i was told this is definitely a tcu type kid

Saw him last week and will see again tomorrow. Tall, skinny, very protectable. 87-93 with signs of good CB/change up. In time he may be very good. Hasn't been pitching very long is my understanding.