• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

DESPERATE NEEDS FOR 2021 RECRUIT CLASS

1) NEED 2 VERY HIGH RANKED DEs
(I don’t consider MURRAY in that category)
**WORKMAN gone after this season
**BOWEN gone after this season
**JACKSON gone after this season
**ARMSTRONG probably transfer
**MATHIS good but no depth behind him
**ELLISON injury and no depth behind him
**BARQUET probably has to go back to DT
**HORTON not avail this yr
**K/COLEMAN waaay undersized DE

2) NEED 2 VERY HIGH RANKED CBs
(this is the thinnest and scariest position on team if either TOMLINSON or STEWART goes down Frogs will be in big big trouble at this position)
**TOMLINSON good but zero depth behind
**K/STEWART good but zero depth behind
**COLLINS got moved to safety
**WALLACE poor CB probably back to S
**DANIELS constantly injured
**K/JENKINS tiny little frosh at 154 lbs
**nobody else

3) ONE HIGH RANKED OT ONE HIGH OG
(very poor quality depth behind Coker and Coleman at OT and poor depth at OG)
**MYERS gone after this yr
**HOLLINS gone after this yr
**STORMENT gone after this yr
**COKER good OT need 2 good OTs
**B/COLEMAN hopefully he can be good OT
**M/WILLIAMS still needs 2 yrs to develop
**HAYES will be going to Center
**DIKE transfer portal (imo)
**GUYTON will be a huge 3 yr project
**NICHOLS undersized frosh
**AVILA transfer portal (imo)
**LANZ transfer portal (imo)
**BROWN good backup OG need 3 backups
**HARRIS constantly injured may not play
**A/BARLOW will be starter if loses 40 lbs
**Q/WHITE good OG but no depth behind
**BURNETTE good OG but no depth behind
(Q/WHITE will be moved to OG this Fall Camp and HAYES will go to C)
(any injury at all to a starting OT or OG and Frogs in serious problems on OLine !!)

Can’t recruit “hidden gems” or “diamonds in the rough” or “under the radar” scrubs at these 2 CRITICAL POSITIONS for the 2021 recruit class. Rest of team is pretty solid. Can’t drop the ball at these two spots, especially with a 5 star RB (Evans), or else his talent will be completely wasted. Can’t have scrub “hidden gem”, “under the radar” OLinemen blocking for a 5 star RB. That ain’t gonna work Cochise !!

Teams like BAYLOR and KANSAS use the tried and true, lame azzz, excuse for pizzz poor recruiting by describing their scrubby crappy recruits as “hidden gems” and “under the radar” miracle recruits. Other schools were just too dammmm stupid to see how miraculous their little pizzzzy scrubs really are !!

Tcu fans need to stop using those brain dead BAYLORISH terms to describe a scrub Tcu recruit. It makes you look very BAYLOR

westoverhillbilly

I'm by no means an astute recruiting follower, but it does seem we've upped our recruiting game in the OL/DL area over the last few years.. I really believe if we get just decent proficiency in our passing game (semi-accurate passer with receivers who are decent at catching passes), we'll see vast improvement in the running game as opponents will have to defend the whole field and not stack the box like they did in '18 & '19..

Eight

Why does he know how to do that?

source.gif

Eight

I'm by no means an astute recruiting follower, but it does seem we've upped our recruiting game in the OL/DL area over the last few years.. I really believe if we get just decent proficiency in our passing game (semi-accurate passer with receivers who are decent at catching passes), we'll see vast improvement in the running game as opponents will have to defend the whole field and not stack the box like they did in '18 & '19..

on paper yes.

in the offensive line the frogs have 2 guys who are 5 year seniors, 2 4th year juniors, and 5 3rd year sophomores aside from the new additions of storment as a grad transfer, coleman a juco sophomore, and barlow & hayes. they should be able to find 5 guys who can be a solid offensive line.

defensive line is a bit different.

Froggish

on paper yes.

in the offensive line the frogs have 2 guys who are 5 year seniors, 2 4th year juniors, and 5 3rd year sophomores aside from the new additions of storment as a grad transfer, coleman a juco sophomore, and barlow & hayes. they should be able to find 5 guys who can be a solid offensive line.

defensive line is a bit different.

Generally speaking if you have upperclassmen who have been in your system for a while, you should be able to piece together a decent OL. I know we are green upfront but we have some vets that have starts under their belts and should be able to match last years line