• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Eight

He can visit on his own dime he just can’t have the coaches host him. I have no doubt some shady booster is ready to get the family to Ohio under the table.

family member thinks he/ family want the full dog and pony show from both the ohio state as well as bama

will be interesting to watch if this ends up similar to zach evans recruitment and i wouldn't rule out usc

Mean Purple

@Moose Stuff , @CountryFrog , @Eight so what was the overall view of the recruiting class, good, great? I saw the different articles that can't seem to agree on how many stars to give a player, etc. (Always skeptic of the whole stars deal until it is an obvious big timer, because you can get a 4 star on campus and find out they couldn't play dead in a western.) Saw the comments like frog factor, etc. Saw some article that said we were near the bottom of the big 12, etc.

CountryFrog

@Moose Stuff , @CountryFrog , @Eight so what was the overall view of the recruiting class, good, great? I saw the different articles that can't seem to agree on how many stars to give a player, etc. (Always skeptic of the whole stars deal until it is an obvious big timer, because you can get a 4 star on campus and find out they couldn't play dead in a western.) Saw the comments like frog factor, etc. Saw some article that said we were near the bottom of the big 12, etc.
I know very little about these HS players. I really only somewhat follow recruiting so that I will know the names and where they came from once they show up on the field.

And I personally take the team recruiting rankings with not even a grain of salt but with one tiny proton from a salt atom. So I'm not the guy to ask about these kinds of things.

Moose Stuff

Solid class that did a very good job of addressing needs. Better than what the rankings say it is.

CountryFrog and MeanPurple -
Gosh you 2 guys are smFart SMfellers !!

Seriously how did you two guys get so smart ? You obviously know football really gud !

U musst watcches itt inn yer TeVee inn yer treailer. Yous guyys iss likke me sisster whose greadeeated from 6th greaade. Shhee is da sfartest onne in’s ouur hole fambily besiides proubibly you 2 smarttiies.

Possibly you two geniuses could explain to everyone why BAMA wins the National Championship each and every year and probably will from now on (they take only 4 and 5 star recruits).

Can you then explain to us why every year it’s BAMA, CLEM and OHIO ST in the playoffs ?
They virtually never take anything but 4 Stars.

Gosh it’s good to know 4 Stars mean nothing.

You guys are soooo smart !!

And...........for every 3 star success story at TCU that you bring up - I can name you five 3 star busts at TCU. Which is exactly why TCUs OLine sucked the past few years and will be a work in progress again next season.

Then after you are done trying to explain your nonsense idea that 4 Stars mean nothing, please then go on to explain in detail why TCU can’t beat OU but maybe once in every 10 yrs.

Probably has nothing to do with 4 Stars !!

Some of the The idiots on this board are of the WORLD CLASS variety !

I know very little about these HS players. I really only somewhat follow recruiting so that I will know the names and where they came from once they show up on the field.

And I personally take the team recruiting rankings with not even a grain of salt but with one tiny proton from a salt atom. So I'm not the guy to ask about these kinds of things.

TERMS USED BY LOSER TEAMS THAT HAVE TROUBLE GETTING 4 STAR RECRUITS

To justify their obvious issues in whiffing on numerous 4 star recruits this is how bottom feeder teams like BAYLOR and TTECH and KANSAS and RUTGERS describe their cute little 3 starsie recruits -

1) Gosh what a HIDDEN GEM !!

2) This guy somehow miraculously snuck in UNDER THE RADAR and we lucked out and got him !! Golly gee we were lucky ! (As he busts out of the program 2 yrs later)

3) This guy is a DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH !

and my all-time bottom feeder favorite -

4) Wow this guy is soooo UNDER RATED !! Just watch his film....he looks like a 4 star ! It’s a crime he is so UNDER RATED !!

You can count on these phrases like clockwork every year to explain scrub recruits.

BlahaaaHaaaa. This is exactly The talk of losers and bottom feeders in the game of college football recruiting.

Them my ALL TIME FAVORITE bottom feeder scrub recruit justification excuse -

THey will name a few 3 starsies who were successful BUT THEN TOTALLY IGNORE THE 22 OF THEM WHO BUSTED OUT, SAT THE BENCH FOR MOST OF THEIR CAREER, OR TRANSFERRED OUT !!

Keep in mind Coach Patterson’s statement on recruits:

“WHAT KILLS RECRUITING IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS THE ONES YOU TAKE WHO WE DETERMINE CANT PLAY AT THIS LEVEL. THAT KILLS OUR DEPTH AND ABILITY TO COMPETE IN THE B12. ITS NOT THE RECRUITS WE MISS ON THAT KILL OUR TEAM, ITS THE ONES WE TAKE WHO ARE NOT GOOD PLAYERS.”

and currently TCU has 4-5 busts for every 3 star success that you can name. That hurts team depth terribly and is why OU merely RETOOLS each year while teams like TCU have to REBUILD - and the bottom feeders like BAYLOR and TTECH and KU have to completely tear it all down and strait over from scratch !

Eight

my prime source on the high school kids are friends i know across the state of texas who either were coaches or are coaches. normally will go see a few games in the fall with one friend in particular who is retired (saw newton a few times, evans etc), but this past year was such a pain at some of the stadiums we didn't go to any

not a huge fan of the team ratings as they primarily focus on recruits and i think the frogs landed some potential big impact players via transfer and two players who sat out a season

the class on paper covered all the needs and i think the best thing the frogs did in the transfer market is hedge some key areas where there is a need and keeps the frogs from depending upon young and incoming players

eze, turnier, hackett, and carter all have the physical tools to start next year or provide significant depth.

the biggest concern i would have over this class is that aside from the questions about making the jump from high school to college level of play is you do have a few recruits who either sat out a year due to injury, the covid, or other issues. how fast do they make that jump missing a year of competition?

overall solid class with a higher ceiling if some of these kids hit big with a decent floor

Mean Purple

Thanks.
But could you help me with the these?

https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=atoms-protons-neutrons-electrons

Mean Purple

CountryFrog and MeanPurple -
Gosh you 2 guys are smFart SMfellers !!

Seriously how did you two guys get so smart ? You obviously know football really gud !

U musst watcches itt inn yer TeVee inn yer treailer. Yous guyys iss likke me sisster whose greadeeated from 6th greaade. Shhee is da sfartest onne in’s ouur hole fambily besiides proubibly you 2 smarttiies.

Possibly you two geniuses could explain to everyone why BAMA wins the National Championship each and every year and probably will from now on (they take only 4 and 5 star recruits).

Can you then explain to us why every year it’s BAMA, CLEM and OHIO ST in the playoffs ?
They virtually never take anything but 4 Stars.

Gosh it’s good to know 4 Stars mean nothing.

You guys are soooo smart !!

And...........for every 3 star success story at TCU that you bring up - I can name you five 3 star busts at TCU. Which is exactly why TCUs OLine sucked the past few years and will be a work in progress again next season.

Then after you are done trying to explain your nonsense idea that 4 Stars mean nothing, please then go on to explain in detail why TCU can’t beat OU but maybe once in every 10 yrs.

Probably has nothing to do with 4 Stars !!

Some of the The idiots on this board are of the WORLD CLASS variety !

How's the weather in Cali?