• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Punter1

One of my great disappointments of the 2020 season was not being able to see the package of plays put in for Stephon Brown. Imaginations can run wild but that really could've been something to see.

Would have probably amounted to something similar to that Chad Curtis-WildFrog boatshow....

Eight

Would have probably amounted to something similar to that Chad Curtis-WildFrog boatshow....

not a huge fan of the decision to use curtis in that formation over one of the quality options the frogs had at running back, but what gets lost when many talk about this particular play was unless that was techmo bowl bo jackson taking the snap no one was scoring based upon how that play got blown up by the la tech defensive front

Punter1

not a huge fan of the decision to use curtis in that formation over one of the quality options the frogs had at running back, but what gets lost when many talk about this particular play was unless that was techmo bowl bo jackson taking the snap no one was scoring based upon how that play got blown up by the la tech defensive front

I agree...which is why I hate the WildFrog. The D can basically bring 11 without any fear of a pass. The 2 times we've passed outta the W t F...it basically cost us each game. 2016 against Okie Lite and 2019 against SMU.

Leave Max in and run the ball with him our one of our studs. The Wild Frog takes QJ and Max off the field. That is just stupid.

Punter1

What about the Kerley pass at Utah for College Game Day while in the Wild Frog? Yeah, bring it D.

Valid point. But that play still had the potential to go terribly bad...and taking Andy Dalton off the field isn't a wonderful idea.

And I'll tell you what else is different about that play besides J Kerley being one of the most trust worthy players to ever play at TCU.

The Kerley play if I'm not mistaken was on 1st down...I'm sure JK was told if it wasn't clearly open to either run it or throw it 10 rows deep...then we have 3 more downs to get points.

The three WildFrog abortions were all on 4th down. Kyle Hicks pass against OSU, Sewo against SMU and Chase Curtis against La Tech. You can't recover from that...ball turns over. If you're gonna be stupidly cute with a play call...do it on 1st or 2nd down so you can recover. I'll go to grave that that Hicks pass costs us that game in 2016 and of coarse the Sewo pass against a tiny SMU line was the worst playcall in TCU history.

Screw the WildFrog...retire that crap formation.

Eight

one of 2021's top rated recruits is defensive line prospect j.t. tuimoloau from eastside catholic in sammamish, washinton

it has been thought for a long time j.t. would sign with ohio state, but he has waited to make a final decision for one simple reason. j.t. and his family would like him to go visit ohio state and a few other schools before he makes his final decision and he is willing to wait past the april deadline to sing a national letter of intent.

the hang up is the ncaa still hasn't allowed schools to host recruits for official visits and j.t. and his family would like to make an official visit to at least ohio state before making the decision

curios when the ncaa will open up campuses for visits or would a recruit and their family actually seek legal recourse

Palliative Care

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. In this version of the Middle Ages, the king and his court are too busy defending the castle to worry about the surfs and the pandemic. Oh if we could only invent science.

You know that discipline where we propose theories to questions, test for results, come up with answers and then are not afraid to question those answers by doing more tests instead of locking up those who doubt or silence them with electronic gags.

Oh but I protest too much for Lord Internet will save us all from the dreaded virus. What was I thinking?

Sorry but medicine was never meant to be this way.

The NCAA, CDC and Lord Fauci will not allow visits until a large group of the population is given the vaccine. So maybe mid-summer. So quadruple masks, lock your doors and watch the repetitiously, endless pandemic news stories until then.

Bizarro Frog

Wildfrog with a RB might be a good idea when your QB doesn’t run well but if you have a running stud like Max you are basically running the Wildfrog with a real passing threat the entire game.

Eight

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. In this version of the Middle Ages, the king and his court are too busy defending the castle to worry about the surfs and the pandemic. Oh if we could only invent science.

You know that discipline where we propose theories to questions, test for results, come up with answers and then are not afraid to question those answers by doing more tests instead of locking up those who doubt or silence them with electronic gags.

Oh but I protest too much for Lord Internet will save us all from the dreaded virus. What was I thinking?

Sorry but medicine was never meant to be this way.

The NCAA, CDC and Lord Fauci will not allow visits until a large group of the population is given the vaccine. So maybe mid-summer. So quadruple masks, lock your doors and watch the repetitiously, endless pandemic news stories until then.

believe you are correct in that we don't let the ncaa relax those rules until mid-summer

do think it is interesting the ncaa is okay with games being played and teams traveling, but not okay with a future athlete making a visit to help make decisions about their future

Palliative Care

Money talks when it comes from TV revenue. That's why the pro sports could play without fans. It was only in states and places that allowed fans that we saw them for college ball (see the Rose Bowl).

Future athletes may be future stars but they and even the players now do not rule the day as far as the NCAA is concerned. It is not necessarily about doing what is necessarily right. It is about not having to explain later if your decision goes wrong. So we learn that it is about erroring on the side of least risk to the NCAA. We live in a gutless time.

Froggish

one of 2021's top rated recruits is defensive line prospect j.t. tuimoloau from eastside catholic in sammamish, washinton

it has been thought for a long time j.t. would sign with ohio state, but he has waited to make a final decision for one simple reason. j.t. and his family would like him to go visit ohio state and a few other schools before he makes his final decision and he is willing to wait past the april deadline to sing a national letter of intent.

the hang up is the ncaa still hasn't allowed schools to host recruits for official visits and j.t. and his family would like to make an official visit to at least ohio state before making the decision

curios when the ncaa will open up campuses for visits or would a recruit and their family actually seek legal recourse

He can visit on his own dime he just can’t have the coaches host him. I have no doubt some shady booster is ready to get the family to Ohio under the table.