• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

@Pharm Frog No net attendance growth in the last 22 years and it has declined 14% since a high in 2007. Great attendance growth from 1968 to 1998, tripling in those 30 years; 1968 attendance only one third of 2019 attendance.

Last edited:
Ugh, the Astros four starters have pitched a total of 6.2 innings. In back-to-back games 3 and 4 the bullpen has thrown 239 pitches, and that’s nuts; Boston’s pen,102. The Astros do not have a championship starting rotation but the series is tied at 2-2. The pen has surprised but is tired—Javier and Graveman threw 3 and 2 innings last night. Pressly threw 22 pitches but may be good for an innng in game 5 today, but five batters got a good look at him last night. Maton only threw 11. Starter Framber Valdez needs to find his confidence and groove today—Astros need his innings.

If the Astros can somehow get past the Red Sox they will then need a healthy good McCullers if facing the Dodgers, or it could be very bad, and I would dislike Dodger fans getting that satisfaction. Dodger stadium fanbase would be an ugly scene. How about Braves in Houston for World Series game 1. If only the Braves had hung on to game 3 last night, but now I still assume the Dodgers will win that NL pennant.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
MLB has persecuted and scapegoated the Astros for 4 years now. What makes you think they would be in favor of them advancing, rather than the traditional Ratings Giant of East Coast-West Coast, Red Sox v. Dodgers?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
MLB has persecuted and scapegoated the Astros for 4 years now. What makes you think they would be in favor of them advancing, rather than the traditional Ratings Giant of East Coast-West Coast, Red Sox v. Dodgers?
You don't think asstros-dodgers would pull ratings? With all the dodgers getting a chance for revenge storylines there would be. Or Houston gets a chance to get rid of the cheaters label by beating the dodgers again.

You don't think asstros-dodgers would pull ratings? With all the dodgers getting a chance for revenge storylines there would be
They would, and I don’t want to see and hear that. Go Braves! But I guess I won’t fuss too much if the Astros are lucky enough to get to the Series, though much preferring the Braves and the Series beginnng in Houston rather than LA. And a healthy dialed in Lance McCullers, please. Dodger Stadium would be very unfriendly.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
You don't think asstros-dodgers would pull ratings? With all the dodgers getting a chance for revenge storylines there would be. Or Houston gets a chance to get rid of the cheaters label by beating the dodgers again.
Sigh.

TV people don't see names so much as they see regions. East Coast-West Coast is perfect, in that the formula has always been get the most eyes on a particular product. Splitting the Coasts is perfect in their view for this reason.

I do not hold with their reasoning, believing that the more compelling matchup will draw viewers regardless of regional affiliation. Baseball is a shrinking audience, and they should concentrate on holding their core viewers rather than pandering to those who don't care.

As to the "cheaters" crap, the Dodgers were just as, or more, guilty than the Astros in 2017. The final games of that Series were in LA, where the Dodgers had their home field apparatus to their advantage, while the Astros did not. Yet, the Astros somehow prevailed. In subsequent years, the Astros managed to make the Playoffs with the foul minions of Manfred's MLB sniffing around, and also after hanging the goat horns solely on them for "cheating" even though the Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, and others were doing the same damned thing. MLB just didn't want a League-wide scandal, so they blamed one franchise and pretended that nobody else did anything wrong.

Eight

They would, and I don’t want to see and hear that. Go Braves! But I guess I won’t fuss too much if the Astros are lucky enough to get to the Series, though much preferring the Braves and the Series beginnng in Houston rather than LA. And a healthy dialed in Lance McCullers, please. Dodger Stadium would be very unfriendly.

lucky enough? how does a team get LUCKY if they win 4 games in a 7 game series?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
only the good ones
They have 4 former Rangers in their bullpen. 3 of them pitched tonight. Chavez, Smyly and Martin. Luke Jackson, who blew the 8th inning lead and took the L in game 3, is the other one.

They all had decent numbers for the Braves this year. Good for them.

Latest posts