• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

I see the Braves used eight pitchers and gave up NINE walks and got away with it, winning 5-4 on an Eddie Rosario walk-off RBI single, off Dodgers closer, Janzen.

Dodgers started Scherzer but used 7 pitchers, so 15 pitchers total—kind of crazy when you think about the number but that is modern baseball.

I don’t like using “must win,” but that is what it feels like for the Astros and Urquidy tonight with McCullers on the shelf and Odorizzi having thrown 82 in game 2, and Luis Garcia now questionable after a game 2 gimpy knee. I guess Greinke and Javier will have to step up for game 4, assuming they are not used tonight too.

Last edited:
I see the Braves used eight pitchers and gave up NINE walks and got away with it, winning 5-4 on an Eddie Rosario walk-off RBI single, off Dodgers closer, Janzen.

Dodgers started Scherzer but used 7 pitchers, so 15 pitchers total—kind of crazy when you think about the number but that is modern baseball.

The over-managing in baseball is maddening.

Eight

Exactly. Why do you have your 20 game winner coming out of the bullpen instead of starting? And then you bring your closer in in the middle of an inning instead of starting the inning.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Braves are up 2-0 but Dave Robert's pitching moves haven't made much sense to me.

as much as people want to say the astros cheated to beat the dodgers roberts' handling of the dodgers pitchers was a big reason for their loss in that series

Creeperfrog

If the astros lose this series, they're going to turn into Gary after we lose to smu, Alex stole our signs lmao.
buddy... it sounds like you are stabbing at gary, but i would find it very unlikely astro claims sign stealing. white sox already claimed astros were stealing in the last series

Exactly. Why do you have your 20 game winner coming out of the bullpen instead of starting? And then you bring your closer in in the middle of an inning instead of starting the inning.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Braves are up 2-0 but Dave Robert's pitching moves haven't made much sense to me.

Dave Roberts gonna Dave Roberts. If they lose to Atl he may be in the hot seat. Ownership believes they should have won three by now and he bares most of the blame.

Pharm Frog

Sad state of affairs for MLB baseball IMO. Over the last two days I’ve had conversations with multiple people across every time zone in the US (except Hawaii) that included some things about NCAA football, NFL football, NHL Hockey, soccer, and NASCAR but not a peep about MLB and they are deep in the playoffs. 20 years ago this would have been unthinkable.

Sad state of affairs for MLB baseball IMO. Over the last two days I’ve had conversations with multiple people across every time zone in the US (except Hawaii) that included some things about NCAA football, NFL football, NHL Hockey, soccer, and NASCAR but not a peep about MLB and they are deep in the playoffs. 20 years ago this would have been unthinkable.
Yeah but, if you look at MLB ballpark attendance, I bet it is much larger today than it was in the ’60’s. We just compare it to other sports of today, and the NFL and NBA have grown so much.