• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

Ron Swanson

OK, I used hate in my post, but hate is a strong word. My bad... I have always been not confident when Pujols came up against the astros. He was that amazing, like Altuve has been in the past. Not looking to ruffle feathers. Also a lifer
No doubt, he was incredible. 2nd only to Bonds at his peak as far as batters I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Eight

I’m an Astros lifer and never had an issue with Pujols. Not gonna hate a guy just cause he’s great against my team. I respected the way he carried himself. Similar to how I felt about Peyton Manning, who whipped the Texans’ arse for about 15 years.

your thoughts on brad lidge facing pujols?

Ron Swanson

your thoughts on brad lidge facing pujols?
I was at that game. When we were up by two runs with two outs in the 9th and no one on base, I texted my boss letting her know I was sick and wasn’t going to be in tomorrow. I was so ready to celebrate the Astros first ever NL Pennant.

My Brad Lidge jersey is still in my hall closet. Haven’t worn it since 2005.

Eight

I was at that game. When we were up by two runs with two outs in the 9th and no one on base, I texted my boss letting her know I was sick and wasn’t going to be in tomorrow. I was so ready to celebrate the Astros first ever NL Pennant.

curious what the exit velocity on that ball was because i am not sure i have ever seen a ball hit that far up on the left field glass and get there that quickly

Ron Swanson

curious what the exit velocity on that ball was because i am not sure i have ever seen a ball hit that far up on the left field glass and get there that quickly
Sosa had one that may have landed on the roof of the building across the street if the roof were open

Eight

dear boston red sox players and fans,

please, please, please, please, please talk [ Finebaum ] about the 2017 cheating scandal

pile it on, non-stop, call out altuve and correa,

go barry lewis on the astros

thank you

THE RULE—“MLB mandates that any pitcher face a minimum of three batters or complete an inning before he can be removed from the game—unless he is injured or ejected.”

This new rule was instituted before the start of the 2020 season to help speed up the game. Baseball purists might strongly dislike it.(?) I was a bit indifferent to the rule, maybe leaning to it being good, but then last night I almost saw it possibly flip a playoff game. Maybe it is fine for the regular season but it might not be for playoff baseball.

Last night this new rule likely caused the Red Sox to give up a run that could have changed the outcome. Boston’s new pitcher, Brasier, started the eighth inning with a 5-3 lead and gave up two consecutive doubles on just five pitches. Now 5-4, and the rule dictates Brasier pitch to a third batter, Tampa’s clutch big-game leadoff hitter Arozarena, who then singles on the third pitch driving the runner in from second and tying the game 5-5. New pitcher Whitlock then comes in and gets the needed three outs on just 8 pitches. The Red Sox did win with a walkoff fly ball in the bottom of the ninth, 6-5, but next time....

Seems a manager should be making pitching decisions as a crucial situation evolves while attempting to close out a playoff game, rather than a rule hamstringing him and possibly determining who wins the World Series. Go ‘Stros!!!

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

You could feel it coming, like a terrible storm sweeping in. All Lidge had to do was get the two guys in front of Pujols out, and he couldn't throw a strike. That is still one of the most horrible noises I have ever heard a crowd make...

Ron Swanson

You could feel it coming, like a terrible storm sweeping in. All Lidge had to do was get the two guys in front of Pujols out, and he couldn't throw a strike. That is still one of the most horrible noises I have ever heard a crowd make...
Pretty sure he gave up a seeing-eye single on a two strike count to Eckstein

tetonfrog

dear boston red sox players and fans,

please, please, please, please, please talk [ #2020 ] about the 2017 cheating scandal

pile it on, non-stop, call out altuve and correa,

go barry lewis on the astros

thank you

As an Astro fan, I totally understand the hate. I do not understand why the Red Sox got a pass when they cheated the next year.

Beltran brought the video cheating to Houston from the Yankees. Cora took it from Houston to Boston. And yet the blue bloods get a pass. It is the same thing with SWC football cheating back in the '80s: TCU and SMU get hammered, but ATM gets a pass.

??????