• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

My point is every team was “cheating”, and everyone hating the Astros because we are cheaters is silly. The above video just proves what baseball people already know.

I get it, especially Rangers fans who were looking for any excuse to hate us, but it’s such an overblown deal.

This kind of stuff has been going on forever. My buddy’s dad worked for the Rangers in the 70’s and he said they had a secret camera out in CF.

A super-low definition camera in the 70s in a stadium with the worst lighting in the expansion era mist have given them a considerable advantage.

A good article on pitching details and analysis of the last night’s game and more. Some real journalism here. Also talk of adjustment they made for Luis Garcia after game 2 which was a simple cure for his knee and velocity.

Strom is 73; Dusty, 72; Maldonado, 35

Last edited:
How much $ did LA piss away on that roster?
The Dodgers 253.5 million Luxury Tax Payroll was 43.5 million over the luxury tax threshold of 210 million. The Dodgers tax bill on their overage is 17 million according to the tracker below.

The Phillies and Red Sox were the only others over at 4.3 and 3.2 million. The Astros were just under and had Verlander’s 33 million burdening their payroll.

“For the 2021 season, the first tier begins at $210MM and contains a 20% tax on overages up through $230MM. There's a 32% tax on overages between $230MM and $250MM and a 62.5% tax on any payments beyond $250MM. These tax rates increase based on the number of consecutive years a club has exceeded the threshold.”

Last edited:
lucky enough? how does a team get LUCKY if they win 4 games in a 7 game series?
The topic was regarding TV viewers and preferences for World Series matchups, but since you picked that extraneous word out to comment on—baseball is inherently streaky, so yes, luck with regard to your team’s and the opponent’s hot and cold streaks. The hot team usually wins and is not always the best team. And there is bad luck with injuries. And critical missed calls on balls and strikes—a blatant missed pivotal one went against Greinke late in Game 7 of the 2019 World Series.:)

This year the Dodgers were hit with multiple key injuries during the playoffs and they are eliminated after 106 regular season wins. The Braves, especially NLCS MVP Eddie Rosario were hot. The Astros lost #1 pitcher McCullers and CF Meyers and appears neither will be ready for the World Series—bad luck.

I probably only replied to this because I wanted to bump baseball back to the top—it’s the World Series and a Texas team, the Astros, is in it—and the incessant bellyaching and repeated threads about Gary Patterson with little to no new content is goofy, maybe suggesting some problems at home or work or of mental health for some. :rolleyes::)

Last edited:

Eight

The topic was regarding TV viewers and preferences for World Series matchups, but since you picked that extraneous word out to comment on—baseball is inherently streaky, so yes, luck with regard to your team’s and the opponent’s hot and cold streaks. The hot team usually wins and is not always the best team. And there is bad luck with injuries. And critical missed calls on balls and strikes—a blatant missed pivotal one went against Greinke late in Game 7 of the 2019 World Series.:)

This year the Dodgers were hit with multiple key injuries during the playoffs and they are eliminated after 106 regular season wins. The Braves, especially NLCS MVP Eddie Rosario were hot. The Astros lost #1 pitcher McCullers and CF Meyers and appears neither will be ready for the World Series—bad luck.

I probably only replied to this because I wanted to bump baseball back to the top—it’s the World Series and a Texas team, the Astros, is in it—and the incessant bellyaching and repeated threads about Gary Patterson with little to no new content is goofy, maybe suggesting some problems at home or work or of mental health for some. :rolleyes::)

no, you chose the word lucky, i simply pointed out how out of place it is when talking about winning a seven game series.

in regards to the incessant bellyaching and repeated threads that is called traffic on the board which in turn generates revenue as you know.

how much traffic is driven by the articles on the homepage, don't recall many threads pointing out something really profound, but there are a number of conversations and if you as an employee of this site want to see that traffic go elsewhere so be it

no, you chose the word lucky, i simply pointed out how out of place it is when talking about winning a seven game series.

in regards to the incessant bellyaching and repeated threads that is called traffic on the board which in turn generates revenue as you know.

how much traffic is driven by the articles on the homepage, don't recall many threads pointing out something really profound, but there are a number of conversations and if you as an employee of this site want to see that traffic go elsewhere so be it
I took the time with some reasoning and detail to respond to your question, and to generate baseball “traffic.” And yet you still don’t recognize the “luck“ aspect and still call it “out of place.” So my time was wasted, and that in turn is not good for traffic.

Last edited:

Eight

I took the time with some reasoning and detail to respond to your question, and to generate baseball “traffic.” And yet you still don’t recognize the “luck“ aspect and still call it “out of place.” So my time was wasted, and that in turn is not good for traffic.

how about if i just simply say scheiss off

And one might wonder if the redundant bellyaching and tone of this forum chased away the clear best and polite poster of basketball content, in Skip Jansen—and how many other good contributors. Food for thought.

Eight

And one might wonder if the redundant bellyaching and tone of this forum chased away the clear best and polite poster of basketball content, in Skip Jansen—and how many other good contributors. Food for thought.

think skip being found out on this board "chased" skip away and what frustrations expressed about dixon's continued rebuilding had no basis?

yes, we should never voice displeasure about the state of the athletic programs that continually raise prices and ask for additional dollars.

consider there are basically only two places to discuss tcu sports on the internet and one is a free site and the other a pay site.