• The KillerFrogs

2021 MLB Thread

Eight

Your gaslighting. The point is the cheaters IN THIS situation should have received some form of discipline which they did not. Not one day suspension or one dollar in fines. It’s absurd. And they will be branded cheaters for a long time as a result. How embarrassing.

holy [ Finebaum ], gaslighting?

seriously, gaslighting.....speechless

Eight

I don’t recall them cutting a deal with the players. Why they were not held accountable is a blight on the entire MLB organization.

so go direct your ire at those in the position to do something about and that starts and ends with manfred

LisaLT

so go direct your ire at those in the position to do something about and that starts and ends with manfred
No. The players participated in a cheating scheme. They ruin the game by doing this. It’s no different than a player using performance enhancing drugs. It’s cheating. Plain and simple. These guys deserve no respect.

LisaLT

It’s called personal accountability. Why they felt the need to cheat to win in the way they did I’ll never understand. Trash can beating? Cameras in the outfield watching pitching signs? How pathetic. At a minimum Altuve should have been stripped of the MVP award in 2017

Eight

It’s called personal accountability. Why they felt the need to cheat to win in the way they did I’ll never understand. Trash can beating? Cameras in the outfield watching pitching signs? How pathetic. At a minimum Altuve should have been stripped of the MVP award in 2017

so you support the yankees and dodgers right?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

So it’s the method and not just that they cheated? They all steal signs, but it’s okay in a more covert manner? That’s a bit like saying murdering someone with a bazooka is terrible, but a well placed sling shot that kills is okay. I don’t condone what they did, but the pitchforks and torches apoplexy exhibited by some seems a bit over blown.

LisaLT

So it’s the method and not just that they cheated? They all steal signs, but it’s okay in a more covert manner? That’s a bit like saying murdering someone with a bazooka is terrible, but a well placed sling shot that kills is okay. I don’t condone what they did, but the pitchforks and torches apoplexy exhibited by some seems a bit over blown.

Perhaps, but the fact that the cheating helped Altuve win an MVP award, and the Astros get to the World Series seems to me that the vitriol toward these players in particular will not subside anytime soon. I realize that the Astros have new management and some of the culprits aren't there anymore, so booing an entire team is more symbolic at this point. Sign stealing (as we all know from football lol) does go on. I think the fact that they combined that with cameras, trash can beating and made a show of it. They got busted. Same way with spygate and the Patriots got caught. My point only here is that I feel the players involved should have been suspended (for a length of time) as a result of participating in this. I would feel the same way no matter what team we are talking about. It sullies the game. Fans have a right to be upset.

LisaLT

so you support the yankees and dodgers right?
Please explain what the Dodgers or the Yankees have to do with the Astros players cheating. I am not sure what your point is. If an organization is busted cheating or players are busted doing something against policy, then they should be held accountable - especially if it changes the outcome of a game(s) or season.

Eight

Please explain what the Dodgers or the Yankees have to do with the Astros players cheating. I am not sure what your point is. If an organization is busted cheating or players are busted doing something against policy, then they should be held accountable - especially if it changes the outcome of a game(s) or season.

if you don't understand the connection between the astros cheating and the yankees there really isn't much to say and you have pretty much listened to the talking heads of espn

Eight

Question - are you an MLB fan and if so, what team(s) do you follow?

followed the rangers as a kid, father was a cub fan for 80+ years so there was some carry over, and lived in the gulf coast for a couple of decades

if you noticed, no one is defending the astros in this thread.

not i, hoosier, brewing, or anyone else. again, your outrage to them because they didn't get punished to the level you believe it should have been is misguided if it is directed to them because they didn't make those decisions.

rob manfred has gotten off easy on this and he continues to each time the onus gets cast to the astros and not mlb.

LisaLT

followed the rangers as a kid, father was a cub fan for 80+ years so there was some carry over, and lived in the gulf coast for a couple of decades

if you noticed, no one is defending the astros in this thread.

not i, hoosier, brewing, or anyone else. again, your outrage to them because they didn't get punished to the level you believe it should have been is misguided if it is directed to them because they didn't make those decisions.

rob manfred has gotten off easy on this and he continues to each time the onus gets cast to the astros and not mlb.
I understand what you are saying but I look at it as two different things though. The fact that no punishment was doled out IS the fault of those who are in control over that decision. Manfred is an idiot. However, that doesn't mean that fans accept that decision, nor should they, hence the booing and carrying on. They will be branded cheaters for a long time - the same way Arod was (is).