• The KillerFrogs

2021 Ladies soccer thread….

East Coast

Tier 1
Thoroughly enjoyed both matches even though it was a tough ending. A group of Rutgers fans stopped me on the way out and complimented our team. They said they were outplayed and lucky to survive. That's what happens when you leave it for penalty kicks too. And yes our 6th and 7th penalty kicks were incredibly weak.

Eight

great season by the ladies and really sad to see it end on one of two issues i have with the sport

first, is teams basically not trying on the offensive end and packing everyone back

second, is pk's to decide a 120 minute contest. not sure the right answer to how to properly end a match in a sport where it is tough to score in normal situations

great season ladies, thanks for the effort, and can't wait to see what some of these freshman can do when they "grow up"

Purp

It was an incredibly weak yellow card for sure.
I thought it was a good clean tackle. Not even a foul. Our player recovered with excellent speed and waited for the perfect time to dive in and win the ball. Text book. Rutgers player hit the floor bc she was gassed.

Purp

Thoroughly enjoyed both matches even though it was a tough ending. A group of Rutgers fans stopped me on the way out and complimented our team. They said they were outplayed and lucky to survive. That's what happens when you leave it for penalty kicks too. And yes our 6th and 7th penalty kicks were incredibly weak.
5th and 6th. 7th was a well placed shot going just inside the post. Keeper guessed right and made a terrific save.

Purp

great season by the ladies and really sad to see it end on one of two issues i have with the sport

first, is teams basically not trying on the offensive end and packing everyone back

second, is pk's to decide a 120 minute contest. not sure the right answer to how to properly end a match in a sport where it is tough to score in normal situations

great season ladies, thanks for the effort, and can't wait to see what some of these freshman can do when they "grow up"
Texas shootout. Back in the late 90s in high school we'd end playoff games after 2 OT periods with something resembling a hockey shootout. Shooters started 30 yards out and keepers on their line. Shooter had something like 5 seconds to shoot and keeper can't come off his line until the shooter touches the ball. Required skill from both the shooter and the keeper. Took the guessing and luck out of the equation. I think it should be universal across all FIFA sanctioned leagues as well. It's the only way to decide games like this properly.

Eight

Texas shootout. Back in the late 90s in high school we'd end playoff games after 2 OT periods with something resembling a hockey shootout. Shooters started 30 yards out and keepers on their line. Shooter had something like 5 seconds to shoot and keeper can't come off his line until the shooter touches the ball. Required skill from both the shooter and the keeper. Took the guessing and luck out of the equation. I think it should be universal across all FIFA sanctioned leagues as well. It's the only way to decide games like this properly.

thanks for the suggestion and explanation. unfortunately it makes sense so i can't see the ncaa implementing it

HickoryFlameFrog

I’m watching the Santa Clara BYU semifinal game and I was just wondering after watching several of DC use games this year what does or how do the lease soccer team compare with what I’m watching on TV with BYU in Santa Clara. Because those two look really good

Moose Stuff

I’m watching the Santa Clara BYU semifinal game and I was just wondering after watching several of DC use games this year what does or how do the lease soccer team compare with what I’m watching on TV with BYU in Santa Clara. Because those two look really good
Our ladies were just as good as these teams IMO. We very much outplayed the Rutgers team that Florida St beat 1-0 last night in the other semi.

Retired Frog

BYU and Santa Clara played a very physical game. It is one that I know our team would have been up for

Florida st dominated Rutgers much the same that we did. Rutgers had 1very good chance to score but were denied by FSU goalie

Our team can compete. Wish some of the seniors would use a COVID year and play again next season

Moose Stuff

BYU and Santa Clara played a very physical game. It is one that I know our team would have been up for

Florida st dominated Rutgers much the same that we did. Rutgers had 1very good chance to score but were denied by FSU goalie

Our team can compete. Wish some of the seniors would use a COVID year and play again next season
Enjoyed watching BYU. Very aggressive attacking style.