• The KillerFrogs

2021 Hoops Recruiting

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I think he will. He needs a year to get into college shape. I hope he surprises me.

The problem with Ledee at the 4 is- IMO, he would have a difficult time defending a lot of opposing 4s out on the floor.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, don't be surprised to see Easley at the 5 some.
I'm down for whoever gets us some wins. If Ledee did play 4, I agree it probably wouldn't be against a team with versatile 4. Probably a situational lineup against a bruising interior team.

Farmfrog

So you think Easley might play the 5 some huh? Do you think we’ll play zone or will he be matched agaInst a 5? I really believe that Easley is going to be huge this season. There doesn’t seem to be anything he can’t do. Love his versatility.

Skip Jansen

So you think Easley might play the 5 some huh? Do you think we’ll play zone or will he be matched agaInst a 5? I really believe that Easley is going to be huge this season. There doesn’t seem to be anything he can’t do. Love his versatility.

Farm-

Could play some zone, but I don't think we'll have to when he's guarding a 5. Most likely will have to bring help (depending on who he's guarding and the game plan) but still can play man.

Agree about his versatility. He's a lot like Kenrich. This year's team has a lot of versatility throughout the roster.

Last edited:

Skip Jansen

I look for Smith to do good things this year

I think so too. The hip injury he had early in the season cost him some valuable time and also affected his shot. For some reason, he started shooting across his body. Had to be the injury. They got it worked out.

He's another that has a lot of versatility. He's going to be the kinda player that gives you a little bit of everything (pts, rebs, assts, stls). That type of player is a valuable piece.

EUROFROG

Thought this might be a good place to mention this. I live on a golf course in Arkansas with a TCU flag hanging on the back patio toward the course. Today a guy came off the course and introduced himself and wanted to meet the TCU guy with the flag, me. We chatted a couple of minutes and recounted his playing time at TCU in the 80's, talked about his coach and teammates. He played in the NBA for several years and is now the new coach at Ouichita University in Arkadelphia. It was a blast getting to meet a really nice guy stopping in the middle of his round, Dennis Nutt, right at my home.

Dennis, if you're out there reading this, thanks for stopping by. Go Frogs.

Farmfrog

I think so too. The hip injury he had early in the season cost him some valuable time and also affected his shot. For some reason, he started shooting across his body. Had to be the injury. They got it worked out.

He's another that has a lot of versatility. He's going to be the kinda player that gives you a little bit of everything (pts, rebs, assts, stls). That type of player is a valuable piece.

How much of an impact can we expect from O’Bannon? Do you believe he can stay healthy?

I do think Fuller and Smith will have very nice impacts this year. I just want both to stay healthy and be team leaders.

Skip Jansen

Thought this might be a good place to mention this. I live on a golf course in Arkansas with a TCU flag hanging on the back patio toward the course. Today a guy came off the course and introduced himself and wanted to meet the TCU guy with the flag, me. We chatted a couple of minutes and recounted his playing time at TCU in the 80's, talked about his coach and teammates. He played in the NBA for several years and is now the new coach at Ouichita University in Arkadelphia. It was a blast getting to meet a really nice guy stopping in the middle of his round, Dennis Nutt, right at my home.

Dennis, if you're out there reading this, thanks for stopping by. Go Frogs.

Euro-

Great story. Arkadelphia is a cool town. I dated a little girl that worked for one of the big lumber companies up there. Aren't there two schools there? Odd for such a small place (although Hot Springs is close by).

Last edited:

Skip Jansen

How much of an impact can we expect from O’Bannon? Do you believe he can stay healthy?

I do think Fuller and Smith will have very nice impacts this year. I just want both to stay healthy and be team leaders.

He can have a pretty big impact. Doesn't have the greatest foot speed but has a big body and is a good perimeter shooter. Could play the 3 or 4. Skill set is of a 3, body of a 4.

Last edited:

Eight

Also, everyone will be really happy with the development of the sophs, especially Smith and Fuller. Both have improved greatly.

if they can consistently shoot the ball from 15 feet and out to go with the rest of their game that will dramatically change the frogs offense.

especially fuller with his ability to explode to the basket

Skip Jansen

if they can consistently shoot the ball from 15 feet and out to go with the rest of their game that will dramatically change the frogs offense.

especially fuller with his ability to explode to the basket

Agreed. Fuller needed to improve his ball handling as well. Been working hard on it.

Last edited:

RoyaltyWorePurple

I wondered if something was off. He seemed to have a couple of good possessions early in the year (something to be excited over) and then sort of fade back. Glad to hear it.