• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Endless Purple

Not a trainwreck, but I was not expecting to be #78 in team ERA at this point (apr 19). I thought we had a very good stable of pitchers and had higher expectations preseason. Yes, it could be much worse.

Pharm Frog

That’s a stretch

you guys need to watch some other teams obviously

We just swept the #12 team in the country and put 30 plus runs on them - if our staff is that bad what do the staffs of the 200 teams below us look like?

Not sure what the “stretch” is that you are referencing. I hardly think that it’s a stretch to suggest that the staff is not a train wreck or that it is quite short of meeting pre-season expectations. Seems quite measured in fact.

flyfishingfrog

Not sure what the “stretch” is that you are referencing. I hardly think that it’s a stretch to suggest that the staff is not a train wreck or that it is quite short of meeting pre-season expectations. Seems quite measured in fact.
Sorry I was trying to agree with you

Not meeting expectations is not a train wreck

our staff is far from a train wreck

train wrecks are not top 10 and leading the #2 conference - regardless of how well we are hitting

Purp

Not sure who you're talking to, but maybe he meant the staff ERA is higher b/c we're pitching out of the stretch too often.

Pharm Frog

Since you seem to know about how the rpi works better than anyone else, what's better for us, a UTA win or Kansas win?

Probably a wash or near wash as we play both teams three times this season assuming all games get played. Might have a slight edge toward KU given their current ranking and the fact that we play all three games against them at home which would make a loss hurt worse and we've already played our home game against UTA. That said, the last series between the Frogs and KU was a 2-1 win for the Frogs at Lupton in 2019.

Won G1 4-3 with a Shep walk off HR in the 9th. Green got the win and the Frogs managed a total of 5 hits.
Won G2 7-4 but had to score 5 in the B9 including a 3-run walk-off HR by Isola. Faced Cyr in that game and he handcuffed us good. Only 6 hits that whole game and three of those came in that 9th inning. Cyr pitched into the 9th. King was the Frog starter.
Lost G3 3-1 after giving up 2 unearned runs in the 9th inning. Also only had 6 hits in that game. Only Frog run was a Rizer bomb.

Good news is that KU does not have a Zeferjahn who I felt was a pretty salty pitcher. Better news is that this Frog edition is significantly better offensively than that squad. Goodloe and Henry started in that series and aren't regulars in this lineup.

Purp

We have three games slated for UTA this season. Two away and that game at home on Tuesday
Forgot we were going back there again. In that case I'd think the UTA win helps us more assuming we sweep both opponents. The road wins over a slightly higher RPI UTA will benefit us more than home wins against a slightly lower RPI rock chalk. But you're right that it's essentially a wash and we're splitting hairs.

FrogsMcGee

I’m guessing Kansas is more impactful due to 3rd component of RPI, opponents opponents winning %. Our opponents play Kansas more than UTA. Not material though. The home / road impact relates to our first component, but not the 2nd or 3rd SOS components which are purely winning percentage without regard to home/road.