• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Moose Stuff

Alternative suggestion...see if Willems can play 3B and move Taylor to 2B where he started playing this past season. Am not sold that 3B is where Taylor needs to be...AND...if Sacco can’t hit more than .240 with an over-sized OB% for that average, seek a different SS.

If you saw Creed Willems you wouldn’t want him at 3B.

Purp

Rodgers is ok (not good), but he seems to fight the ball at times. Sacco seems to decide whether he's swinging before the pitch is even made; he just drives me crazy.
Sacco was a much better hitter last season before the season was cut short too soon. I think he got in his own head early and never got the demons out all season. I'm hoping he's not our best option at SS next season, but 2020 Sacco would not be a bad option next year.

Purp

If Gray was our most important player the last month of the season then we deserved even less success than we got.
He got a lot of key hits for us down the stretch and made a lot of key defensive plays down the stretch. He stepped up when we needed it as much as anybody. That's all I'm saying. You can think he's terrible all day long, but I don't think he'd be the reason we didn't win games if started as 2b next year.

Pharm Frog

He got a lot of key hits for us down the stretch and made a lot of key defensive plays down the stretch. He stepped up when we needed it as much as anybody. That's all I'm saying. You can think he's terrible all day long, but I don't think he'd be the reason we didn't win games if started as 2b next year.

Didn’t think he was terrible and never even implied that…but also not impressed with him offensively or defensively (other than one particular series this season). And I absolutely don’t think his importance down the stretch even compared to Brown, Sikes, Hump, and Taylor when it comes to specific position players.

Pharm Frog

If you saw Creed Willems you wouldn’t want him at 3B.

I take it he’s in need of some body sculpting. If that’s the case, it’s not like we spent a whole lot of time developing Byrne behind the plate this season so don’t know if that’s an option at 3B. My guess is that we’re going to need some newbies to come in and play immediately if the Frogs are going to do well next year. Could use a grad transfer or two IMO.

Purp

Didn’t think he was terrible and never even implied that…but also not impressed with him offensively or defensively (other than one particular series this season). And I absolutely don’t think his importance down the stretch even compared to Brown, Sikes, Hump, and Taylor when it comes to specific position players.
"If Gray was our most important player the last month of the season then we deserved even less success than we got."

We were the 2nd team eliminated in our regional and absolutely fell apart at the end of the season. Aside from an ugly, improbably run at Bricktown, we enjoyed very little success. If we deserved less than that because of the influence of Rodgers that seems a clear indication of how you perceive his quality.

If you expect to be impressed with all 9 starters all season long from start to finish you're going to have a tough time being happy with your team. Gray was an important part of this team down the stretch. He outperformed his expectations at times where Sikes, Brown, Taylor, and Hump went cold. He made solid defensive plays to get crucial outs to save runs. He was a very important piece of the puzzle and one I'd be happy to have back at 2b next season.

Moose Stuff

I take it he’s in need of some body sculpting. If that’s the case, it’s not like we spent a whole lot of time developing Byrne behind the plate this season so don’t know if that’s an option at 3B. My guess is that we’re going to need some newbies to come in and play immediately if the Frogs are going to do well next year. Could use a grad transfer or two IMO.

We’re gonna need a whole lot of new guys to immediately be good for us. 2-3 good portal guys would be huge.

Punter1

Current players I think you see more of would certainly include Byrne and probably someone like Maynard. Definitely gonna be counting on guys from the incoming class which is a solid group. I don’t think there are any definite draft risks either. Could we lose someone? Sure. But I wouldn’t call it likely on any of them.

I think Gray could move to 1B like Austin Henry did which could put Maynard or Goodloe at 2nd. I really like Gray's bat and hopefully 1B is a better spot for him...

Would love to have P Brown take over LF so we can use someone like Creed Wiliams and other dudes at DH.

Moose...what's your thoughts on Sikes and his chances of being drafted given its only 20 rounds.

Moose Stuff

I think Gray could move to 1B like Austin Henry did which could put Maynard or Goodloe at 2nd. I really like Gray's bat and hopefully 1B is a better spot for him...

Would love to have P Brown take over LF so we can use someone like Creed Wiliams and other dudes at DH.

Moose...what's your thoughts on Sikes and his chances of being drafted given its only 20 rounds.

If he wants to sign he’s 100% getting drafted.

Purp

Any thoughts on J. Ray? Short reliever? Closer? Brain surgery?
He's the pitching version of Sacco at the plate. Total mental meltdown, which you wouldn't expect with Schloss' reputation for dominating the psychological part of the game. J Ray has some Rick Ankiel problems in his dome right now. Hopefully Saarloos can get him straightened out.

hometown frog

He's the pitching version of Sacco at the plate. Total mental meltdown, which you wouldn't expect with Schloss' reputation for dominating the psychological part of the game. J Ray has some Rick Ankiel problems in his dome right now. Hopefully Saarloos can get him straightened out.
His stuff is too good IMO to overlook. I think his bout w COVID really messed him up this season. If anybody needed a summer league reset it is JR. Hopefully he gets back to the 2020 version of himself and gets himself back into form.

Punter1

His stuff is too good IMO to overlook. I think his bout w COVID really messed him up this season. If anybody needed a summer league reset it is JR. Hopefully he gets back to the 2020 version of himself and gets himself back into form.

Covid might have messed him up...but he wasn't exactly great before that. I do expect him back next year unless he transfers.

What ever happened to Cam Brown? He had 2 very good midweek games then literally disappeared? He get hurt, suspended???