• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Paint It Purple

Now that we have CKS firmly in place. What does the incoming class look like? Are more 1st year players going to step in and win Freshman all-American, etc? What little I know I'm guessing Byrne C, Taylor 3b, SS?, 2b?, 1b?, Sikes does he come back, CF which current freshman plays there?, LF?, DH?

Purp

Now that we have CKS firmly in place. What does the incoming class look like? Are more 1st year players going to step in and win Freshman all-American, etc? What little I know I'm guessing Byrne C, Taylor 3b, SS?, 2b?, 1b?, Sikes does he come back, CF which current freshman plays there?, LF?, DH?
I heard last night that Sacco is likely to be back with Rodgers so I bet we'll see Taylor at 3rd, Sacco at SS, and Rodgers at 2nd. Byrne seems like the leader at catcher right now, but Moose indicated there was a catching recruit that we'd absolutely love if he makes it to campus so maybe we'll see some competition at that spot. 1st base is open. I'd bet we start with Nunez in CF and Boyers in LF. RF looks open as does DH.

Sikes could come back, but I wouldn't expect it.

Moose Stuff

Current players I think you see more of would certainly include Byrne and probably someone like Maynard. Definitely gonna be counting on guys from the incoming class which is a solid group. I don’t think there are any definite draft risks either. Could we lose someone? Sure. But I wouldn’t call it likely on any of them.

Moose Stuff

I heard last night that Sacco is likely to be back with Rodgers so I bet we'll see Taylor at 3rd, Sacco at SS, and Rodgers at 2nd. Byrne seems like the leader at catcher right now, but Moose indicated there was a catching recruit that we'd absolutely love if he makes it to campus so maybe we'll see some competition at that spot. 1st base is open. I'd bet we start with Nunez in CF and Boyers in LF. RF looks open as does DH.

Sikes could come back, but I wouldn't expect it.

Creed Willems is the catcher. Aledo kid.

Paint It Purple

I could see a scenario where Byrne catches and Willems plays 1B. I’d love to see someone else at 2B other than Rodgers. His range/reactions are severely limited IMO.
I can see what you mean with Rodgers, but man I sure do like his energy and enthusiasm that teams need. I think it was the OSU series where he flashed some serious leather too.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

I could see a scenario where Byrne catches and Willems plays 1B. I’d love to see someone else at 2B other than Rodgers. His range/reactions are severely limited IMO.

Alternative suggestion...see if Willems can play 3B and move Taylor to 2B where he started playing this past season. Am not sold that 3B is where Taylor needs to be...AND...if Sacco can’t hit more than .240 with an over-sized OB% for that average, seek a different SS.

Purp

Alternative suggestion...see if Willems can play 3B and move Taylor to 2B where he started playing this past season. Am not sold that 3B is where Taylor needs to be...AND...if Sacco can’t hit more than .240 with an over-sized OB% for that average, seek a different SS.
Seems like Moose said we have a really good looking SS recruit as well so Maybe that puts some pressure on Sacco to improve. I think most of his issue is between the ears. Hopefully a summer league reset gets his problems at the plate sorted out and the defensive confidence follows with it. I'm not ready to write him off yet.

I do like the idea of Taylor at 2nd, but Rodgers was maybe our most important player the last month or so of the season aside from maybe Porter Brown. Speaking of Porter, I left him out of my outfield projects for next season, but the way he hit this year I think he has to be in one of the corner outfield spots.

East Coast

Tier 1
Rodgers is ok (not good), but he seems to fight the ball at times. Sacco seems to decide whether he's swinging before the pitch is even made; he just drives me crazy.

Pharm Frog

Seems like Moose said we have a really good looking SS recruit as well so Maybe that puts some pressure on Sacco to improve. I think most of his issue is between the ears. Hopefully a summer league reset gets his problems at the plate sorted out and the defensive confidence follows with it. I'm not ready to write him off yet.

I do like the idea of Taylor at 2nd, but Rodgers was maybe our most important player the last month or so of the season aside from maybe Porter Brown. Speaking of Porter, I left him out of my outfield projects for next season, but the way he hit this year I think he has to be in one of the corner outfield spots.

If Gray was our most important player the last month of the season then we deserved even less success than we got.

East Coast

Tier 1
If we can get 3 decent hitting OF's, I'd love to see Brown at DH