• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Pharm Frog

Frogs sitting at #6 RPI ranking after two embarrassing weekends at home. They need to sweep next weekend at K-State and handle their business.

If it’s a national seed you’re talking about, then the Frogs need to sweep and get some help from Tech. Currently predicted to finish 3rd in the conference in RPI behind UT and Tech. 9th overall. That would be prior to the Big12 tourney.

Frogs haven’t been hurt too badly in RPI “ranking” yet but these losses have brought a slew of teams up in passing position. And...with KSU losing 2 of 3 at KU, it’s not like wins up there are gonna be a point accumulator but losses will likely be punitive.

Win or lose against #203 Texas State will drop points. A loss is not an option. Cancellation is a GREAT option.

Punter1

If it’s a national seed you’re talking about, then the Frogs need to sweep and get some help from Tech. Currently predicted to finish 3rd in the conference in RPI behind UT and Tech. 9th overall. That would be prior to the Big12 tourney.

Frogs haven’t been hurt too badly in RPI “ranking” yet but these losses have brought a slew of teams up in passing position. And...with KSU losing 2 of 3 at KU, it’s not like wins up there are gonna be a point accumulator but losses will likely be punitive.

Win or lose against #203 Texas State will drop points. A loss is not an option. Cancellation is a GREAT option.

We didn't cancel last weekend which all we all called for but didn't do.

Tx State's coach is a former Frog, Steve Trout, who played for Schloss. Maybe he'll understand what we're trying to (not) do.

Pharm Frog

We didn't cancel last weekend which all we all called for but didn't do.

Tx State's coach is a former Frog, Steve Trout, who played for Schloss. Maybe he'll understand what we're trying to (not) do.

Meh....play the game. Frogs had the opportunity to play the RPI game and passed on it. No need to worry about it now. Just play ball (and play a lot better ball than the past couple of weeks).

Pharm Frog

i'm confused, should i give a [ #2020 ] about this season or should i switch my focus to football

Whatever you want to do. Baseball season ain’t over by a long shot and there’s always some twists and turns because it’s baseball. The Frogs either get it figured out and start playing well or they don’t.

As for me, I enjoy the strategy of positioning even though I find the RPI thing just a shade or two above abhorrent. Still...positioning doesn’t mean crap when you aren’t playing well. Healthy or not healthy. But I wouldn’t blame anyone who chose to turn their attention elsewhere.

Pharm Frog

Tech beating OU 11-1 in the 4th. If that game completes with a Tech win, TTU will move up to 8th in RPI just three spots back of the Frogs who just moved to 5th after Arizona started dropping Strength of Schedule points. There will be about five teams bunched up that a single win or loss could drop a team 3-4 spots. Must suck to be Ole Miss which just took the series from Vandy and dropped a spot for the week while Vandy beats #280 North Alabama 3-2 on Tuesday and then goes 1-2 in Oxford and jumps 2. FWIW - there's only 293 teams playing.

Meanwhile, Baylor and Oklahoma State are hoping to start their third game momentarily. Weather report from the Okie Lite GA.

Bill Bozeat

Question for baseball experts. Saw the dust-up between Van Horn and Vitello.
What's the relationship with Vitello and Schloss?
Also saw Josh Elander is an assistant at Tennessee

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
We knew that was coming. Pretty much have to sweep K-State and win the Big 12 tournament to have any chance of getting a national seed at this point.