• The KillerFrogs

2021 Football Regular Season Predictions

JugbandFrog

No idea. It all depends on Max. Was he really stifled by an idiot OC? Does he have issues connecting consistently deep? Can LHCGP finally not get man-handled by Lincoln Riley.

I'm glad we play UT early though, and it would appear that the Iowa State game might decide who gets to replay OU, but QBs who have had to face LHCGP defenses more than once, tend to do better the more times they see his D.

8-4 Alamo Bowl v UCLA

Duquesne - W
Cal - W
SMU - W
UT - W
Tech -L
Ou -L
WVU -W
KSU - W
Baylor- W
OSU -L
Kansas - W
ISU - L

Volare

For once I won't wait til the last second to try and Price is Right you all, but I will go ahead and join geezer in the cellar. Anyone else who wants to get in on the prognostication has until kickoff. Also you three on the far right, get your updates in please. I also need to add the media predictions, which perhaps I shall do after the fact. There can be no doubt that the purple kool-aid is flowing strongly this off-season!

AbIZXc5.png

Volare

Time to start the 2022 prediction thread.

Oh no, that's gotta wait til the last out of the baseball season. But I'm sure no matter what happens this football season, fully 75% of the predictions will be 2-3 wins greater. Hope springs eternal!

Volare

Fantastic! More than half of predictions have been eliminated. Looks like this is gonna be another one of those years...

MFzTz3N.png

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
And to think I ragged on Geezer for being a pessimist.

Geezer, I owe you a beer.
Happiness = Reality – Expectations

Back in my days at TCU, "fair to middling" was the reality for football. TCU's role in the SWC was to finish in the middle of the pack (or lower). We took curb-stomping losses in stride, and every now and then played "cockroach" and upset one of the big dogs.

I had zero expectations that joining the Big 12 would change that reality. I don't think OU and Texas agreed to have TCU come into the Big 12 and usurp their roles as the Big Dogs, winning conference championships and going to the premier bowls.

We're once again in the "fair to middling" zone.

No beer necessary--but you can use me as an excuse to drink one more.

Note: "Fair to middling" in a geriatric term for MEDIOCRE.